Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by LUV TO CRUISE AR

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by LUV TO CRUISE AR
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: LUV TO CRUISE AR
Cruise Date: March 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

CONQUEST NEEDS SOME IMPROVEMENTS
This is our fifth Carnival cruise in the past 2 years. We have sailed the Spirit class ships the last three cruises. This was very different and a little confusing to get around on the ship. We sailed with our daughter and her family and my Mom. I try very carefully when I book to get a cabin that is on a hall with no rooms across. On this ship, however, it was very deceiving and we ended up with the pantry right across the hall from our cabin. Whatever you do, don't book this cabin. There was clanging and banging all night long from across the hall. I would have to get up, put on my robe and go ask crew to be quiet. It was honestly ridiculous. Carnival gave us 20% off of 2 nights which is all they said we were bothered but that was not the case. It started the first night. My husband is very easy going but he was very frustrated by this situation as well. Our cabin steward was OK, nothing to brag about. My mom did not meet him one single time.

To the dining room - Our servers, Nellie and Kim were great. Our grandson had his birthday on the boat and fell in love with Nellie and Kim. We were at table 323 and it was a great view. The food was very good to us. Same as on our previous cruises. The lido deck was very, very crowded in the morning and we tried to avoid this and go to dining room for breakfast. It was spring break and just lots and lots of people on board.

We did a zipline tour in Jamaica that I had booked online before we left based on reviews of it on Trip Advisor. Had an awesome time. Even my 77 year old Mom ziplined. Went on little tour in Cayman Islands and let kids Kiss the Dolphins. In Cozumel we got a taxi and went to Paradise Beach which is about 5 minutes from Pier. Awesome place for kids. Tons of things for them to play on in water, had hair braiding and wrapping and massages on the beach. Very fun place. We had visited these ports before so tried to do something a little different at each.

The public areas on ship were very crowded due to abundance of people and lots of kids on board, but that was expected since it was spring break. About 1/2 the boat seemed to be from Arkansas.

It was a very fun trip and I love Carnival but am a little discouraged that they did not feel the inconvenience we experienced with no sleep on board was worth anymore than 20% of two nights. Believe it came to 127.00 credit and we had payed a lot for this cruise since it was spring break. Just be very, very careful when booking cabins on this boat if you want to be able to sleep.

Most of the crew was friendly although I could tell a lot of them were burned out. Quite a few got off when we got back to Galveston.

Embarkation was not bad but debarkation was a nightmare. We had to wait in line for about 2 1/2 hours pulling our luggage behind us to clear Customs. They said this happens every 90 days and we were just the lucky ones but it was very tiring. My daughter and her husband have 3 children and they had 7 bags we had to pull, as well as my husband and mine 3 bags and my mother had 3. Never have had to do this before on any cruise. Almost spoiled the good time we had by the time got in our vehicle. It was around 12:30 p.m.

We parked at EZ Cruise parking and had prepaid online and it was only $50 for the week which I thought was good. Our children flew from Tulsa and we picked them up at Houston Hobby for the short drive to Galveston. Good thing their return flight was not until 4:00 p.m.

As I said, I usually lean toward Carnival but will have to reconsider in the future due to the indifference I feel they had toward our situation.

Publication Date: 03/31/10