Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by lovetohavefun77777

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by lovetohavefun77777
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: lovetohavefun77777
Cruise Date: March 2010

Great cruise
This was my 5th cruise and 1st one being alone I arrived about 2pm to get on the ship and that all went well. It took about 30 minutes to be on the ship so not bad. They did check my water bottle at security to be sure there was nothing but water inside. I heard from a tablemate that night they had one bottle of beer taken from them at security. The room was nice and lots of room as I was alone. My luggage arrived about 6pm and I had a 1.75 liter bottle of rum in each of 2 bags and both made it no problem. I was told some people had their booze taken from them but I was lucky I guess. The next day I did get a message to call my room attendant. I was told by him I was not allowed to bring my own liquor on board and there may be a room inspection before noon by his boss and if alcohol is found it will be taken so I had to put it in my luggage then after noon each day it went back in the fridge. It seems to be hit or miss about getting liquor on board what I have red and heard.

The food overall was good in the dining room but far from the best I have had on a cruise. I had the 8:30 seating which gave me time after a port stop to relax before getting ready for dinner.

The port I really did not like was Belize, as I spent about 15 minutes on shore then headed back to the ship where there were other people going back with me that had just arrived also, so I was not alone in my impressions of the place. I was alone and really felt unsafe and so many people trying to sell guide trips etc it just was not worth the bother. I really wish I had of read up on what to do at each port before I left home that is my only real advice.

The weather was too windy so we could not tender into Grand Cayman so we missed that stop, I was looking forward to it but I had been there before at least.

Getting off the ship was easy after the cruise. I choose to walk off the ship with my luggage about 6:30 which you can do between 6:15-7:00 AM and there was a 15 minute wait at US customs. The people with a US passports get off at the front of the ship and all others like me get off at the rear of the ship.

Overall I would fully recommend the ship and the cruise line.

Publication Date: 03/31/10