Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by ADSHD: EVERYTHING GREAT! ONLY TWO SMALL CONCERNS!

ADSHD
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

EVERYTHING GREAT! ONLY TWO SMALL CONCERNS!

Sail Date: March 2010

My husband and I just returned from the Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean. We really had a wonderful time and the staff were very nice and helpful. The Oasis is a beautiful ship and has many things to do all the time. You can never get bored! I am sure that we did not get to see the entire ship. We did the My Time Dining and never had to wait more than just a couple of minutes. We will get to our two concerns in a moment.

First, our Stateroom attendant "Carl" was fantastic (We were on the 11th deck). He went out of his way to help us and we needed additional assistance because of medical problems. He always had a smile on his face and took care of any requests that we had. Since we did "My Time Dining", we paid our tips ahead of time but we gave Carl additional because he was so great!

Second, our Dining Room Waiter "Hemant" (we were in the 5th deck dining room). He was very personable and took a lot of time with us. He let us try different entrees and desserts More and really made sure we were satisfied with our meals. His smile and interest in us made us feel "at home" all the time. We also gave him an additional tip. The food was exceptionally good and do not miss the "Izumi" restaurant. It is the best on the ship.

Third, I had a "BALL" with Shopping Shelby and her husband. Shelby works so hard with all of us crazy shoppers and always had a smile on her face and laughter in her voice. I do not know how she does it and has so much energy to put up with some of us. Any question or assistance, she was ready and willing to do. This is only our second cruise and I just found out how much fun it really is to visit the stores and pick up "all the free stuff". Yes, everyone it really pays off the go to her seminars and find out how to get great goodies in the ports. We did that plus go on some of the greatest shore excursions! AND believe me, you can win some really beautiful jewelry! Shopping Shelby can tell you how and it is easy!

Fourth, embarking and disembarking was very easy for us and we had great assistance with getting our luggage unloaded and even the attendant helped us to get our luggage to our vehicle and loaded. We had parked at the dock and even that was no problem. It was even cheaper than Port Canaveral.

Fifth, the entertainment was fantastic! Richard, the Cruise Director is so creative and really made you laugh and have fun!! If you did not have fun, it was really your problem. The shows were all first rate!

After I had heard all the negative statements about the Oasis, I had just about cancelled but I am glad that I did not. The main thing that I had heard was that the staff did not treat you well unless you were in a certain level of room and that was incorrect. The staff on the Oasis were very very nice and accommodating so please do not believe what you read on Facebook! That is one point that I really wanted everyone to know!!!

Now the part I really do not like to speak about but I must be honest. The CONCERNS!

First: We sailed on the Freedom last year with the same level of room (Ocean Balcony). The room on the Oasis was much smaller and not really comfortable. I know that you really are not in your room that much but when you are, it would be great not to feel so couped up. I also know that this is "mute" point because they cannot refit the ship but did want you to know that you should consider a Junior Suite if you are concerned with claustrophobia. I would also rather have paid a little more if they had kept the rooms the same size of the Freedom, and less people.

Second: Speaking of less people ... The ship was booked and it really was too many people to enjoy all the areas on the ship. And some of the passengers were very "RUDE" but I can understand with the number of passengers and trying to get around just in general. Again, would rather have paid a litttle more and had less people. Getting into and out the ports was not great with so many people. Positive point for the ports is that they did provide courtesy transportation from the ship to the entrance to the ports.

We will definitely only sail on Royal Caribbean but will go back to the Freedom class of ships.

Even though we had concerns, no one can be happy with everything on any cruise and the time you spend anywhere is what "you" make it. Just keep a positive outlook and have a great time! I wish everyone the best of everything and always have joyous and happy travels!! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 9 11---

Since the cabins were one of our concerns, we were not really happy with them. Everything was exceptionally clean and our stateroom attendant was the best though. The rooms were quiet, we had a great view, the closet was not really too small. The bathroom was small and we did have that concern. There were no outlets in the bathroom nor enough in the room for that matter. There was just not enough room to walk around someone else in the room. Although the balcony was small, it was OK. The dividers were not private and you could see through and around them easy!

We were not impressed with Nassau! Five ships were in port and it was almost impossible to walk around downtown and everything was very cramped. We took the sea and land tour and it was fantastic! Being on the Nassau just the short time we were made us have to really hurry to get things done and see the island. We did manage to get our shirt at the Harley-Davidson store there though. Please be prepared to get through the crowds there!

Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

St. Martin seemed to be the most crowded and the furthest from the ship. Trying to get downtown was hard because you had to walk so far from the ship and then take the water taxi or regular taxi to get downtown. Please allow extra time to actually get to the downtown areas and be prepared to walk. We really had wanted to get to the Harley-Davidson dealership but with the traffic, we knew that would be impossible. We did take the tour of the islands and it was the best!

All of the ports were so busy with so many ships! Please do not let the taxi drivers just drop you where they want to. Insist on where you were told because there is a lot of traffic in St. Thomas and some scary little back roads in the downtown area. We took the tour of the island and I recommend it.

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews