Carnival Glory Cruise Review by max&toni

Member Name: max&toni
Cruise Date: March 2010
Cabin Category: 8D

Glorious time on Glory!
We were so looking forward to this cruise (for over six months), and we were not disappointed. We were anxious to see the ship because we knew it had recently been in drydock. We were thrilled to see that she had been given a new Seaside Theatre, which we thoroughly enjoyed. New flatpanel TVs had also been added to all cabins. Overall, the ship looked great.

As always, Carnival works hard to keep the ship clean. The only complaint was that the linens on the beds were looking worn, but when you consider that they wash everything frequently and probably with hot water and bleach, you have to expect that the linens will wear faster.

We primarily ate our dinners in the dining room. The food quality was hit or miss. For example, I had the beef short ribs one night, and they were fantastic. Another night, I tried the grilled tillapia and that was pretty bland. The service in the dining room was terrific. The wait staff works very hard.

The food in the buffet area (Red Sail restaurant) was about what you would expect. Some of the food was good and some of it just tasted like regular buffet food. The fish and chips were terrific, and of course, the food at the grill (hamburgers, chicken tenders, french fies) were mighty fine. The pizza was also very good. We ate sushi almost everyday. It was sooooo good.

We did quite a few activities offered by the Glory, including watching a late movie on the Lido deck, attending some of the art auctions, playing bingo, etc. We also caught some of the comedy acts, which were pretty good. The illusion show was really good (Justin Illusion).

Our bar bill overall was pretty manageable, but we also took advantage of the Bon Voyage program and purchased some liquor to be delivered to our cabin on embarkation day. It's more expensive than the bargains you get by purchasing liquor on the ship and having it delivered to your cabin the day before you disembark. However, we loved the convenience of being able to make a drink in our cabin without having to find a bar. We also took advantage of Carnival's policy to bring wine and sodas on the ship at embarkation. Again, you can't beat the convenience of this policy, and I hope Carnival never changes this policy. Believe me, we still spent money on the ship.

Our cabin was located on the Lido deck. We love this deck (at least for this class of ship) because there aren't many cabins on the Lido deck, and it is so convenient to the Red Sail Restaurant, grill and pools. We also had a balcony, which we also loved because it's just so relaxing to sit on your balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee or before dinner with a glass of wine. Loved it!

This will seem like a petty complaint, and I apologize for that, but I did get a little irritated that they wanted to charge for popcorn served at the Seaside Theatre. I kind of felt like I was being nickel and dimed.

Like I said though, this was a very enjoyable cruise. I have cruised Carnival many times before, and I still believe that you can't beat the value. The service is great, the ship is clean, and they work very hard to make sure you have a memorable experience. I will probably always be loyal to Carnival.

Publication Date: 03/31/10