Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Daniel Smith: Dream was no nightmare

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Dream was no nightmare

Sail Date: March 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and 18 year old son just returned from our cruise aboard the Carnival Dream. Getting on the ship at 3:00 PM was a breeze...maybe 15 minutes was all!

Our cabin was in the front of the boat and was kept spotless by our room Steward! There were 2 days where we had "rougher" seas but nothing that was bad. It did make running on the tread-mill a challenge!

The food we ate was excellent and we did not experience any lines I read about by others who posted? We had early dining and every meal was a delight.

The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The shows were excellent and my wife especially enjoyed them!

My son made a number of friends on board through a club called something like CO2 (?) he enjoyed being able to do things on his own and we enjoyed the opportunity to do what we wanted knowing he was happy!

Getting off the boat was simple as well..."maybe" a 15 minute waiting line.

The only "issue" I had with More the boat was the health club...putting a massive hot tub in the center of the health club was foolish as it caused the temperature throughout the club to be WAY TOO HOT! Over-all our experience was very positive..we all enjoyed ourselves and Carnival did a good job!

One piece of advice for those who book a rental car through Budget be advised that their facility near the cruise docks are way inadequate to handle a large number of folks renting cars! When we got to Budget to pick-up our rental there was a HUGE line and people were very upset that the car they ordered was NOT available for them! We landed-up with a crappy Pontiac 2 door car WAY to small for our luggage and only 2 doors (very inconvenient for getting in and out) plus the GPS unit did not work! I was basically handed a set of keys and told this is all we have, take it or leave it? Once in Orlando I left three different messages with a Budget Manager asking them to correct this situation and they choose to ignore all three calls? I will NEVER rent another car from Budget! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6220

Our cabin was very nice. Carnival cannot control rude guests who make a point of slamming doors!

Very unimpressed...if it weren't for the fact of us hunting down some good cigars I wouldn't have gotten off the boat!

Read 2625 Nassau Reviews

Captain Alan's snorkel cruise and mud bath was a highlight of our entire trip!

Morningstar sailboat ride to St. Johns was VERY nice!

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews