Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by momofthree67: A wonderful sail away on Carnival Spirit

momofthree67
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit Mexican Riviera Cruises

A wonderful sail away on Carnival Spirit

Sail Date: March 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

Embarkation:I was given a time card when we entered the embarkation line, so I was time stamped twice, once at the medical sign in sheet ( a survey everyone over 18 fills out their own and kids under 17 can go on parents survey. Survey asked about the health and welfare and if anyone was in contact with H1N1 recently) and also at security. It took 14 minutes from start to finish embarkation. We got in line at 1145 and got onto the ship around 1200.

Food We thought the food in the dining room was much more tastier than the Lido. Lido was ok, but we enjoyed our time more in the Empire room. Next More time we cruise we know that we can order even lunch in the Empire room. We did have most breakfast and also dinner there every night. Sushi on board was also very tasty. There was a mexican buffet on the night we sailed out of Manzanillo, I did not think that late night buffet was very good. I did however enjoy late night pizza.

Casino- very tight did not win, donated about $500 overall to a worthless cause. I don't know if anyone won.

Bar Service- Petar was an amazing bar servicer, another person my hubby tipped over and above. He always knew what we would want and brought this to our table each night in a prompt manner. Best A+++++

Acapulco - did a tour with Aca-tours, did not know that we could walk out of the cruise terminal turn left and walk about a mile to take the same tour much cheaper. We paid $45 to Aca-tours to do the Palao island club tour. Island club was very nice, and so was the boat ride, but the narration on the ferry was in spanish. Thank goodness I knew a little spanish and could translate because Aca=tours brought a non-english escort that picked up at the cruise terminal and then to us to the ferry. Tour was for 15.00 dollars if you went directly to the tour counter, or $45 through Aca=tours per person. We were VIP tho. Did not like the pan handling that was going on in Azapulco or Ixtapa.

Ixtapa/ZIhuanejo - took a ferry to Las Gatos beach, it is like $5.00 per person, (round trip) you can get this right at the end of the pier. Very nice beach, we ate at albertos and you could scuba right from the beach. Husband and teens enjoyed this very much.Lunch for 5 of us was $86, a bit pricey but we had drinks and wanted an authentic mexican meal. We had 3 orders of quesadillas, three orders of fries, two orders of chips and guacamole, 5 mixed alcoholic drinks, and a Huge Hawaiian plate, of seafood. Very good and well worth the money. Lots of pan handlers and sellers on beach as well. Every where you went people wanted tips. I thought this was funny, as in America you tip if someone goes over and above.. but I have never heard anyone in America ask for a tip. Tips are earned.

Manzanillo- Took a tour with Scuba shack, owner very pushy and wanted you to eat the restuarant after your boat tour. We did not eat there and the owner of the restaurant got a little upset. However the boat ride was phenominal and we had the best tour at this port. Well work the $45 they charge per person. We also tipped these boat captains extra. They went out of their way to accomodate. They even took us to to see whales which were about .5 mile from where we were snorkeling. Before the tour started we had to pay $10 a person for Dani tours to transport us to the scuba shack. However we had problems with the tour guide picking us up from the scuba shack. Scuba shack employees had to take up back near the terminal.

Service: Absolutely wonderful! Our servers Rodolf and Ari sure went out of their way to make sure everyone was served on time, and that we had what ever we wanted. For example, some nights my teens ordered from the Kids menu and sometimes they ordered more than one entree. I had two lobsters on formal night, hubby has one steak and a chicken dinner together.

Shows were totally amazing, my favorite was Mardi Gras night. What an amazing show.

We enjoyed the Carnival Spirit so much, that we are thinking about taking this same ship to Hawaii and also to Alaska on future vacations. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Balcony Panorama 8277

Cabin: kids (ages 19, 18, and 17) were in 8257 an interior room with three beds. One bunk. and we were in aft 8277. I love aft balconies, and all of our hall mates were so friendly. Beds very comfortable, always kept very clean. our steward Saiful was very helpful and did a wonderful job, keeping our cabin very tidy. My hubby loved him so much that we tipped over and above. Plenty or room, never felt cramped.

Read 149 Acapulco Reviews