Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by Yulz X Asylum: Now That's Amore!

Yulz X Asylum
Member Since 2010

Now That's Amore!

Sail Date: March 2010

Time for another Costa Review! So this time we had finally decided to go with a different Costa ship. The Costa line never disappoints. So this was a 7 day cruise that set sail on the 13th of March 2010.

Itinerary Sat - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Sun - At Sea Mon- At Sea Tue - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Wed - San Juan, Puert Rico Thu - At Sea Fri - Nassau,Bahamas Sat - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

We flew from Toronto to Montreal and then down to Ft. Lauderdale. When we arrived we were happily greeted by the Costa Staff. There were no problems getting to the ship from the Airport and no problems getting onto the ship. No lines, and no issues with boarding what so ever.

The 3 days we had at sea were quite peaceful with very calm waters and the weather was in the 30s. I feel like Costa took my advice from my last Post about the Deck Chairs. I could always find one ^_^ hahaha. But anyways. The 3rd day at sea however the water was just a little rockier. Weather More again was perfect.

I was in Cabin 4214 and it was beautiful. There was nothing actually wrong except that the bathroom light slightly lagged when it was turned on. The ship over all was absolutely beautiful, had no flaws. The entire staff was very nice, and always there to help. However the help desk staff wasn't really useful. Everything was accessible and it wasn't to crowded anywhere on the ship. The nightclub was amazing however there were always 12-17 year olds there at around 1 and 2am unless the night had a theme that didn't suit their tastes which there was only 2. The food in the restaurant and the buffet never disappointed, and the drinks were remarkable.

Leaving the Ship at the end, was sad but quite easy. There were no problem and they had everything running very smoothly. Airport transportation was also quite good and again no complaints about the Costa port staff.

Again I recommend cruising with Costa when you can. If you have any questions about something i may have missed please don't hesitate to ask. Less

Read more Costa Atlantica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Atlantica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Atlantica 4214

The cabin had enough space for the three of us. The light in the bathroom slightly lagged when you first turn it on. Forth floor was calm and quite. Balcony was amazing.

Nassau was beautiful. We didn't dock till about 12 noon, and left at 6pm. However the weather wasn't that bad. As usual Nassau was a little chilly and windy. (Perfect on my sunburn). Everything again was in walking distance and there were no problems.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

San Juan was gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect. All the historical sites were in walking distance too. Sure it was my 3rd time in San Juan but it never fails to disappoint.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

St. Thomas was beautiful, however as soon as we landed in port you could really feel the heat. It reached the 40s. The people were wonderful and taxi's were not too demanding and didn't pester to much.

Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews