“Now That's Amore!”
Cruise review of Costa Atlantica

Yulz X Asylum Costa Atlantica 5 Now That's Amore!
Yulz X Asylum
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Time for another Costa Review! So this time we had finally decided to go with a different Costa ship. The Costa line never disappoints. So this was a 7 day cruise that set sail on the 13th of March 2010.

Itinerary Sat - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Sun - At Sea Mon- At Sea Tue - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands Wed - San Juan, Puert Rico Thu - At Sea Fri - Nassau,Bahamas Sat - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

We flew from Toronto to Montreal and then down to Ft. Lauderdale. When we arrived we were happily greeted by the Costa Staff. There were no problems getting to the ship from the Airport and no problems getting onto the ship. No lines, and no issues with boarding what so ever.

The 3 days we had at sea were quite peaceful with very calm waters and the weather was in the 30s. I feel like Costa took my advice from my last Post about the Deck Chairs. I could always find one ^_^ hahaha. But anyways. The 3rd day at sea however the water was just a little rockier. Weather again was perfect.

I was in Cabin 4214 and it was beautiful. There was nothing actually wrong except that the bathroom light slightly lagged when it was turned on. The ship over all was absolutely beautiful, had no flaws. The entire staff was very nice, and always there to help. However the help desk staff wasn't really useful. Everything was accessible and it wasn't to crowded anywhere on the ship. The nightclub was amazing however there were always 12-17 year olds there at around 1 and 2am unless the night had a theme that didn't suit their tastes which there was only 2. The food in the restaurant and the buffet never disappointed, and the drinks were remarkable.

Leaving the Ship at the end, was sad but quite easy. There were no problem and they had everything running very smoothly. Airport transportation was also quite good and again no complaints about the Costa port staff.

Again I recommend cruising with Costa when you can. If you have any questions about something i may have missed please don't hesitate to ask.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4214
The cabin had enough space for the three of us. The light in the bathroom slightly lagged when you first turn it on. Forth floor was calm and quite. Balcony was amazing.

Port
Nassau was beautiful. We didn't dock till about 12 noon, and left at 6pm. However the weather wasn't that bad. As usual Nassau was a little chilly and windy. (Perfect on my sunburn). Everything again was in walking distance and there were no problems.

Read 4,128 Nassau Reviews
Port
San Juan was gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect. All the historical sites were in walking distance too. Sure it was my 3rd time in San Juan but it never fails to disappoint.

Read 2,278 San Juan Reviews
Port
St. Thomas was beautiful, however as soon as we landed in port you could really feel the heat. It reached the 40s. The people were wonderful and taxi's were not too demanding and didn't pester to much.

Read 3,415 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 03/24/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Atlantica Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?