“Westerdam - Western Caribbean - Mexico Cruise”
Cruise review of Holland America Westerdam

Rafaella Westerdam 5 Westerdam - Western Caribbean - Mexico Cruise
Rafaella
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Once again, Holland America is #1 in my book! What a wonderful 7 days cruise to Mexico/Cozumel..

Embarkation: easy enough for average cruiser, reduced amount of paperwork and "checking". Ship presentation: nice, big, traditional look, beautiful and presentable.

Services: more than great, excellent - the best one can desire..

Food: common, do we really need to ask? - The best ever: great variety, presentation and just delightful. Cannot ask for more and better eating than on HAL.

Shore excursions desire to be better: Not impressed with 7 miles beach - tendering services were terrible - very unsteady transfer ( need small step from Westerdam to tendering boat), passengers were falling from right to left due to huge turbulence on the tender boat ( No, the weather was not bad, and lets not blame on the waves..) Safety was an issue , again, due to missing steps from ship to tendering boat). The 7 miles beach was very small, dirty, and no one from HAL mentioned that beach is full of rocks so you cannot dive or enter easy into the water.. I would think twice before purchasing this trip knowing this info... We have booked Swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel- and out of 3 hours of excursion, we have spent only about 35 min with dolphin! And this is for $159.00 price! Overall, it was nice to spend some time with these smart creatures, and our dolphin was cute and friendly.. It was something we would never forget! :) The water and beach in Cozumel was blue as sky and very clear and pretty, we have enjoyed it a lot!

Disembarkation was easy and well organized, we took our car back home. I my opinion, HAL holds the 5 star standard, despite the little things during the excursion and tendering times.. I have truly enjoyed this cruise line and I am a proud member of Mariner's for a lifetime!!!

Westerdam Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

UP4024
Upper Promenade ( I think) , room 4024 - Westerdam - small but everything was there - nice beds, fridge, hair dryer,closet with lots of space for personal belongins... Nice shower room. If you are simple looking for rest than this is perfect inside cabin for you..
Published 03/23/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Westerdam Review
Westerdam Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?