Westerdam Cruise Review by Rafaella: Westerdam - Western Caribbean - Mexico Cruise

Rafaella
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Westerdam Western Caribbean Cruises

Westerdam - Western Caribbean - Mexico Cruise

Sail Date: March 2010

Once again, Holland America is #1 in my book! What a wonderful 7 days cruise to Mexico/Cozumel..

Embarkation: easy enough for average cruiser, reduced amount of paperwork and "checking". Ship presentation: nice, big, traditional look, beautiful and presentable.

Services: more than great, excellent - the best one can desire..

Food: common, do we really need to ask? - The best ever: great variety, presentation and just delightful. Cannot ask for more and better eating than on HAL.

Shore excursions desire to be better: Not impressed with 7 miles beach - tendering services were terrible - very unsteady transfer ( need small step from Westerdam to tendering boat), passengers were falling from right to left due to huge turbulence on the tender boat ( No, the weather was not bad, and lets not blame on the waves..) Safety was an issue , again, due to missing steps from ship to tendering boat). The 7 miles beach was very small, dirty, and no one from HAL More mentioned that beach is full of rocks so you cannot dive or enter easy into the water.. I would think twice before purchasing this trip knowing this info... We have booked Swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel- and out of 3 hours of excursion, we have spent only about 35 min with dolphin! And this is for $159.00 price! Overall, it was nice to spend some time with these smart creatures, and our dolphin was cute and friendly.. It was something we would never forget! :) The water and beach in Cozumel was blue as sky and very clear and pretty, we have enjoyed it a lot!

Disembarkation was easy and well organized, we took our car back home. I my opinion, HAL holds the 5 star standard, despite the little things during the excursion and tendering times.. I have truly enjoyed this cruise line and I am a proud member of Mariner's for a lifetime!!! Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Cabin review: Westerdam 4024

Upper Promenade ( I think) , room 4024 - Westerdam - small but everything was there - nice beds, fridge, hair dryer,closet with lots of space for personal belongins... Nice shower room. If you are simple looking for rest than this is perfect inside cabin for you..