Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by atnick11: First Time Cruisers....now hooked!!!

atnick11
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruisers....now hooked!!!

Sail Date: March 2010

First a little bit about myself and travelling companions. I am a gay female and travelled with my partner, my father and his partner. I was concerned about how we would be treated on the ship, not knowing how "gay friendly" Carnival was. I have to say we were treated the same as everyone else...which is all we ask for.

I had conducted alot of research on which ship to plan our vacation on and the Carnival Liberty had great reviews. The reviews were accurate. Carnival Liberty is a great ship! The service is top notch! The food was very good. If you are looking for gourmet meals, don't go on a cruise. Remember they are cooking for 3000 people three times a day, considering that the food was impressive. We enjoyed each meal, our waitress "Sonja" from Croatia was excellent, as well as our drink waitress "Karen". Great people! The ship staff is very friendly and hardworking. The ship was very clean.

Alot of annoying spring breakers on the ship, that was our own booking More fault. We were easily able to get away from them though...

The cabins were bigger than I had expected. We had two cabins with a door connecting the two. We had an ocean view cabin with a full bay window. Im sure it would have been nice to have a balcony but we spent very little time in the cabins. The rooms were plenty big enough, Ive been in smaller hotel rooms. Our cabin steward was great, our rooms were serviced twice a day. After dinner we always had a towel creature waiting for us on the bed.

The ship had plenty to do. The casino was ok however very smokey..you could smoke inside the casino. There was a large theater with nightly shows which were "ok". Numerous bars, something for everyone. I was difficult to get a deck chair on the pool deck unless you got there early. But again, there are 3000 people with the same idea..crowding and lack of chairs is and was to be expected. We were always eventually able to get a seat..

The ports were ok. Half moon cay was a nice beach day. Wall to wall bodies but we were able to find a beach lounger. It was great to be sitting in the sun and have carnival employees walking around with delicious drinks and buckets of beer...you couldn't help but drink.. St. Thomas was ok, alot of shopping "pressure". The island is mostly jewelry shops..the phrase "I give you deal" was heard at every shop. We went snorkeling with a local company "Sail Island Girl". We had a large sail boat all to ourselves. The capt. and 1st mate were great and we snorkeled with sea turtles...it was awesome. San Juan PR...didn't really care for it. Very Ghetto and dirty. We did the canopy zip line tour...very overpriced for what it was. Grand Turks was awesome. We booked the Gibbs Cay beach and Stingray encounter with Carnival. It was the highlight of the vacation. It was terrifying and awesome all at the same time. This "huge" stingray's were very friendly. The brushed up against you and would even let the brave ones pick them up out of the water. They are wild, there was no enclosure. The appeared as soon and he boat hit the beach waiting to be fed. Incredible...

We had prepaid everything including our excursions prior to boarding and we still managed to spend an additional $610.00 on our sail and sign card. It is not difficult to do. The drinks are expensive. We had purchased 38 drink cards prior to sailing. These were for the very small drinks, not the drink of the day(delicious) or a good sized drink. You can also use your sail and sign card for the casino....dangerous...

All in all we had an excellent time. We are hooked and already planning our next cruise. We loved it!! If you don't have a good time on this ship it is your own fault...plenty to do and excellent service. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Oceanview Main 2366

Good size cabin, great ocean view. Enjoyed adjoining room option. Bathroom small but too small.