Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lashue: Still Dreaming a Beautiful Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Still Dreaming a Beautiful Dream

Sail Date: March 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First time embarking out of Port Canaveral the process was fast we got to the port about 11:30 and we were on the Lido about 12:15. In our stateroom by 1:30. Our sons were forward on deck 8, interior cabin, and my husband and I in a balcony on deck 9. The only complaint about the whole cruise was the smell in our cabin and the hallway. The smell came and went, our room steward said it was from the way the wind blew, maybe true. Since our boys were on the 8th deck we walked the hall alot, on deck 8 the smell was there also, it started around cabin numbers in the 83's or 93's. Some people I know were staying on the even side on the 9th deck but they didn't smell it. Anyway it was annoying, I would not book a cabin in that area again.

The food was wonderful, I'm a kitchen manager for a Caterer company so food is a BIG part of my life and service staff. Our servers were great they treated us like royalty. We ate at 6:00 and were out of the dining room by 7:15 even after having 2 More appetizers and dessert every night. Loved where we sat in a booth just the 4 of us looking over the dining room below, perfect! My sons and husband loved the burrito bar and pasta bar, the pizza was fabulous and room service was a little slow but good food. Loved the coffee shop.

We toured Tulum in Cozumel it was a wonderful tour a great tour guide and worth the money to see. Had a tour planned for Isla but didn't get to go there because of the winds, but Carnival credited our sail and sign for the port fees. Wish we would of spent the money and took an excursion in Belize the shops were so crowded really didn't enjoy it, same with Costa Maya.

I had my sons pictures taken one graduates from college in May and the other one from high school next year so I had his senior picture taken. We had 45 minutes with 2 professionals they took pictures in different places on the ship. The pictures are wonderful.

Disembarking was easy we did self-assist since we were driving and wanted to get on the road. When we got to our van the battery was dead but the port people gave us a jump and we were on our way.

Definitely cruise on Dream and with Carnival again!!! Less