Eurodam Cruise Review by FlaGator62: IT WAS A FIRST TIMER DISASTER

Member Since 2009
1 Forum Post

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: January 2010

WHO-My lady companion is 65 and I am male, 75, handicapped and in a power chair.

Things went wrong from the begining and I was hospitalize at the end.

My travel Agent faled to return my calls once we were booked. She did not undsr my special needs, or the accomdatons on the ship. the cabin was totaly inadequate in seize. I do believe that the cabin orginally assigned was switched by Holland American(HAL) from our orginal cabin that we chose to a smaller one.

It was difficult to get a porter to help us unload. The one that we finally got was rude. And, of course, it was raining. Once allowed inside HAL did express our boarding processing.We made several calls of requests with no response asd promises. For example we called to ask that the twin beds be pushed together so that I had room for my chair. No one ever showed up. We could not get ice, except by grabbing someone in the hall. We were never introduced to any primary stewards assigned to our area. More Getting customer service on the phone was a long wait. I could not open the balcony door im chair. it was too heavy and the wind often made it worse. I had to use my walker To get to the balcony which lead to the ultimate disaster. The food as good, but not great. We never made it to one of the specialty dinning rooms be cause on the first formal night, I was on th balcony using my walker and I fell backwards to the deck. I don't remember why or how I fell. I went by ambulance to a St THomas clinic the next morning. The major concern was a spinal injury plus concussion. They sent me back to ship. we were told that the Captain would not let us board and that I would have to air-vac at a cost of $16,000,00. Fortunately the Ship's doctor went to bat for me and convinced the Captain and some vice-president on shoe that he could take om on the return. So I was bed ridden for the remainder of the cruise. I ill be forever grateful to that Doctor who rendered constant care to me. His staff, however were uncooperative and often rude to my companion.upon docking, Hal did expedite my departure. I was admitted to a Hospital for a few days . I now doing rehab every day.

I think I would like to take a cruise that every one says is so great, but I am not sure how to get the right facilities and to trust. probably my first error was not booking directly with HAL. Less

Published 03/17/10