Carnival Dream Cruise Review by LynnMariesmom: March 6 Western Carib Dream- Wowsers. Better than I feared

LynnMariesmom
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

March 6 Western Carib Dream- Wowsers. Better than I feared

Sail Date: March 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

For those Dreaming soon, do not read any of the negative reviews. They are so negative they gave me little hope that I would have a good time. But I sure as heck did. Read the positive ones because we will at least share what could have been improved. I just knew this was going to be the worst cruise after spending on here. Our other 5 cruises have been Disney so I was hesitant to sail Carnival!

We travelled with 2 other couples (my sister and parents) and had a total of 5 kids in our party. Our daughter turned 2 on this cruise but didn't qualify for kids club. We still had a blast.

This was a western carib cruise. We got to the port at 1230pm and got in line. Note- don't take pics outside, apparently its a no no. Whatever. We also did our health screening and checked runny nose on our daughter. Ugh. We got pulled into the medical room to wait for a nurse..I began to get stressed but she was nice, took her temp and sent us on our way.

We all boarded the More BIG boat and found our room. Such a pretty ship with a crew that smiled all the time. We were in a balcony room on the second floor and will do it again. It was a little snug even with the full size crib they gave us but it worked out fine. All of our family members were on this deck. We all went our different ways but hubby and I went to the buffet and what seemed like a long line was just what I expected. It went quick. After asking a few times for a high chair we had our lovely lunch and then walked around until the boat drill which was easier than expected.

We loved watching the cruise director (john Hields) shows on tv. Always worth it. We also saw some good movies on tv. I was worried after reading all the whining about the stinky tv channels. We even watched American Idol during the week.

Im trying to make this quick. We had early seating dinner and had a table to ourselves. Everyone was wonderful and I always had 2 different appetizers..The waiter always brought the kids fruit first and we had plenty of bread. Dinner as a whole took a while but the service was quick. The first night we walked the shops and hubby checked out the casino.

We never did the midnight buffets and tried the outside movie a couple of times. Was happy they showed Michael Jacksons this is it movie but baby did not feel up for it.

So, trying to sum up. We were scheduled for isla roatan but got an extra day at sea due to the wind. We didn't do the steakhouse and didn't regret it but my parents loved it and said their cheesecake rocked. We tried the country show but had to leave (we love country music) because we were not enjoying it. Do not miss the Taking it to the streets show. Get there 45 minutes early. It was awesome. I love the couch seating in the theater!

We did both the sit down and buffet breakfast.Loved them both. We did the pasta bar and I did the deli (it does have the best Reuben)Wish we had tried the burrito bar but we did get some fancy pizza at the 24 hour stations.

The pools. Yes they are crowded on sea days.If you hate crowds,expect to go early. We stayed on the boat during Belize and enjoyed it and came back early from Costa Maya and also enjoyed it. The cruise had a bit more older crowd than I expected and I loved it. This week they were supposed to go up to 1000 kids in the clubs.

Drinks- didn't drink much but I will say the Kiss on the Lips is the best drink I have ever had. Shops- Got a nice watch but didn't spend much.

I wish I had more time to right on what was such a fun, relaxing cruise and we will do it again. In all honesty, you cant beat Disney, but the service was just as good. My dad had one bad lunch where it took him an hour to get his food, but he still had a great time.

Not taking the energy to write about the smell everyone talked out. its not worth it.

I had no problem doing laundry either. We drove from Atlanta and stayed with my parents so we didnt do a hotel. Had someone drop us off and that was quick as well. feel free to email me if I can help you in any way.IM a fluffy girl so if you are too, dont stress. This was a fabulous cruise and I am pretty picky. We had one right night of rough seas but no one complained.

Loved all the ports..See below for more info.

I also treated myself to the spa for a hand, foot and ankle massage. The lady who worked on me never pushed product! She got a big tip!

Ill try and give a more detailed review on the boards later this week just know if you are booked on the dream and have read all the negative crap out there, ignore you can and still will have a blast! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main 2437

It was close to the laundry area and that was nice. YOu did hear something banging at night but it never lasted that long and it never bothered me!

We did the wwhole day beach excursion where you get free drings, buffet and amentities are included and air conditioning bus. I would do this again. So worth it. They even had a pool. So much to do hear and it was just wonderful we did some shopping as well. One my favorite ports. I have been here before. If you are looking for something fun for the family and cheap, google Cozumel miniature golf. I know there is one on the ship but its a fun place and all the taxis know where to take you. American run and they give you a walkie talkie to order drings when you are golfing. its just gorgeous and there is an awesome restaurant next door

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews