Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Lilypug

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Will Sail Celebrity Again
The Summit was wonderful! This was our 6Th cruise, but first on Celebrity. We are 37 and 40 and love to dance. We take ballroom dance lessons geared toward nightclub and party dancing. The variety of music on board was fantastic! It seemed like there was always live music going on some where. Generally we only got to take advantage after dinner (early seating) since we were in port most days. There was a classical duo, a jazz trio, a piano man, a guitar and keyboard singing man, and a Latin band every night. We never made it to the nightclub since we snorkeled every morning once in port. They had something going on every evening starting at 10:30 pm in the nightclub.

Food: I found the food to be very good. I only had one dish that I thought was nasty, but it may just have been me. Others seemed to have liked it. My husband did not care for the prime rib, he thought it was over cooked and tough. We did go to Normandy and it was fantastic! If you go, make an early reservation to ensure you get a shot at trying the daily special. The evening we went at 6pm and by 7:30 they were out of the special. The goat cheese souffle appetizer was excellent as was the entree. A very delicate (yet extremely thick and large) piece of center cut beef served with a truffle sauce to die for along with sinful mashed potatoes and green beans was the special. I could only eat about a fourth of the meat and felt so bad leaving so much left over! Dessert was chocolate souffle, yummy.

The T-Pool outside the spa is wonderful, we didn't even get in the regular pool.

All of the staff we encountered was wonderful including the security person I had to pick my luggage up from on the first night of the cruise. I tried bringing a portable iron and my luggage was kept under lock and key until I went down and retrieved it. They had me remove the iron and they tagged it and gave me a receipt so I could get it back on the last night to pack for going home. He was very pleasant about the whole thing.

The ship overall condition is very good. There were a few soft spots in the dining room floor entry ways on deck 4 that made me say hmmm??

Our cabin was very nice and extremely big for selecting the cheapest ocean view room possible. We went with the "Ocean view Guarantee" and were at the front of the ship under the bridge. The shape of the ship here resulted in a very spacious room with a large porthole giving you the same view as the bridge cam. Our cabin was very quiet and very clean. There was one broken tile in the shower an outdated shampoo dispenser that should be removed. Plenty of storage and many hangers were supplied.

The guests on board seemed to be several steps above the crowds you find on Carnival Cruises. All children(the few that we saw) we all well behaved. We will absolutely go on Celebrity again!

Publication Date: 03/16/10