Carnival Pride Cruise Review by horselady218: First Timer

First Timer

Sail Date: March 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was our first time cruising. We picked the Pride because it was out of Baltimore and we wouldn't have to fly. There were four in our group including my 16 and 20 year old kids.

The food was great and the service was outstanding. My son thoroughly enjoyed ordering two desserts and eating lots of steak. Every night, our waiter brought him hot chocolate even before he ordered it!

My daughter cannot eat dairy or wheat and the crew accommodated her with excellent dishes -- making a chocolate melting cake that she could eat as well as gluten-free, dairy-free bread and french toast!

The rooms were larger than expected and the beds were comfortable. The weather did not cooperate fully and we did not get to enjoy the balcony as much as I would have liked -- but I don't think you can blame the ship for this!

We had to skip Freeport because of high winds -- this was a little disappointing, but we didn't mind too much since we had been off the ship the More previous 2 days.

The pools were disappointing. While I didn't expect an olympic-sized pool, it would have been nice to have a pool that was large enough to actually swim in.

We've been to all-inclusives before and one of the things that bothered me were the items that were not included. For instance I think that bingo cards and soft drinks really should not cost extra. It also would be nice if there were snack foods -- chips, salsa, pretzels, etc. scattered about -- not that I was hungry.

We only caught two of the night-time shows -- I was more impressed with the game shows they did during the day, although the ventriloquist was very good.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves and will probably cruise again. Less

Published 03/16/10