Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by milwaukee mike

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by milwaukee mike
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: milwaukee mike
Cruise Date: February 2010
Cabin Category: d2
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Oasis OK
We've been home from our cruise for two weeks and I've finally had time to tell you my thoughts. I'll start from the begining, we stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania, cheap stay, room for six $179.00 a night. Jay at the front desk was outstanding, free breakfast was above average. Clean room and a pleasant stay over all. Free pick up at the airport and free ride to the cruise port a plus. There was a Publix across the street where we bought lunch meat and fixings for a cold lunch. Try the Boars head lunch meat at the deli, very delicious. Don &Vinny's in the strip mall across the street was OK, not great.

Geting on the ship was the easiest we ever had, Porters at curbside are plenty and leave you at ease knowing you're leaving everything you have with them. On our cruise, there seemed to be many passengers from Europe and the far East. Maybe it was just me, but a recent review from another cruiser wasn't far off the point when they wrote that the rudeness of fellow passengers was noticeable. Weather it was geting off an elevator or standing in line at the buffet, I was constantly either shoved out of the way or cut in front of.

Park cafe, great, except sometimes the roast beef was sometimes to rare. I don't understand why the custom salad bar serves cold salads on either warm or hot bowls? They work so hard putting the salad together and they serve it in a bowl that has just came out of the dish washer. Panini's were excellent!

Bars on board: Schooner's was excelent, ask for Al. Bolero's, nice if you can get a bartender. We went two different nights and each night there was 2 bartenders serving 100-125 people. Boardwalk: Johny Rockets, not as good as other RC ships, do try the corndogs, absolutley fantastic.

Shows: Do see Oasis of dreams, outstanding, the trampoline portion is fantastic.

Casino: OK, I don't understand why there is just two bartenders serving both smoking and non smoking, I actually waited 20 minutes for a drink more than one time.

Pool deck: I heard there was a "chair patrol" no where to be found on our cruise.

Main dining room: food was good, service was great, we had Ian from Jamacia. This was really a pleasant surprise.

Overall, a good cruise that I will hopefully go on again.

Publication Date: 03/16/10