Celebrity Infinity 5

“First Cruise Creates a Cruiser.”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

Olde Gnome
Member Since 2009
666 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I simply could not imagine how I would ever enjoy a cruise. All that time on a boat with nothing but bingo, buffets, and booze. Boy, was I wrong. We walked up the gangplank at a little after 2PM on November 22, and I fell in love with the Infinity almost immediately. Our stateroom was comfortable, and well planned. There was room to store everything. Our cabin attendant was super. I was also amazed at how good the food was, considering that almost 2,000 guests were fed 3+ meals a day. I expected to be bored, but it simply did not happen. After hearing Milos Radakovich's first lecture, I knew I had to attend every one of them. He was entertaining, and informative, and added so much to the trip. I also did not miss any of the performances in the Celebrity Theatre. What a talented group of young people. Not every performance was top rate, but they all were enjoyable. I knew I would be a port person, as I am an avid traveler, but I did not realize that I would also enjoy the sea days. More Just being on the ship was a treat. It was quite warm at all of the ports we visited, especially Cartagena. After an exhausting day of sightseeing, it was so nice to be welcomed back to the ship with iced towels, and cold drinks. I simply can't praise the Infinity, and her crew enough.

Our favorite ports were Puerto Vallarta, even though we have been here many times before, and Cartagena. Cartagena is a beautiful city. We could have spent more time here. If I were to stop in Cartagena again, I would just take a taxi into the colonial center of the city, and spend all my time there. We went on a tour that was put together by our fellow cruise critic members, but unfortunately, we spent too much time shopping away from the city's historical heart. A stop at an Emerald Museum was really just another shopping stop. We had two shopping stops, and we had requested 'no shopping". I am not sure if it is possible to take an independent tour in Cartagena that does not include shopping. Our port in Costa Rica was Puerto Caldera, where we took a ship's excursion to San Jose. It was an all day tour, with a lot of time spent on a bus, but we did get to see the National Theatre, the Gold Museum, and charming little Sarchi where the colorful Costa Rican carts are painted. I also took a ship's excursion from Lake Gatun to Panama City. This tour would have been more enjoyable if we had not been forced to wait for over a half hour on a bus while our guide looked for a group of late fellow tourists. However, if I had it to do over again, I would take the same tour, as Panama City was definitely worth a visit.

We will be sailing with Celebrity again this year, and hopefully on the Infinity too. Less

Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B

2B7087
Comfortable bed, good closet space, plenty of drawer space, and roomy shower. Televisions could be replaced. Small balcony.

We chose to just walk into town, visit the main plaza and Iglesia de San Lucas. We found a spot with free wifi and excellent coffee near the church. There did not seem to be a lot to see here. We missed the cactus garden. Maybe next time.

This was my favorite port. On an independent tour put together by fellow Cruise Critics, we visited La Popa monastery, the historical colonial center of the city, and the modern city. If I were to do it again, I would just take a taxi to the historical center, and spend all my time there.

This port has little to recommend it other than as a place to take a tour from. I returned from a tour of Panama City to Colon.

This was one of our favorite ports, even though we have been here many times before. Puerto Vallarta is growing, but the colonial downtown has not changed much. The malecon has some wonderful new statuary. We also enjoyed watching a group of Papantla Indians performing their ancient pole swinging on the malecon.

Published 03/14/10

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review

Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?