Disney Magic Cruise Review by MESH: Disney Cruise for Adults

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Cruise for Adults

Sail Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I have no kids, but my mom and I thoroughly enjoyed 14 days on the Disney Magic. The first cruise was the Western Caribbean, and the second cruise was the Eastern Caribbean. We take these cruises, because we are not only Disney fanatics, but also enjoy the Disney quality shows.

Although Disney Cruises are more expensive than similar cruises. This is definitely a case of getting what you paid for. The Disney Broadway style shows are first class and second to none. If a person dislike Disney characters, this is not the cruise for you. Also, the only gambling is bingo. Most other cruise lines have adult lecture series, which of course Disney does not.

We rarely ever get off of the ship, as we enjoy all the ship has to offer, and it gives me the opportunity to have quality time to write a book. We use Disney cruises to give as the opportunity to sit back and enjoy the world as it goes by. I normally work out for one hour a day either cycling or swimming in the adult More pool.

The food and dining services was superb. Although I enjoy Celebrity Cruises also, the Disney food was actually better. The dining team met all of our needs and truly exceeded our expectations.

Although we checked in at 8:30 a.m., we did not get our luggage until 5:20 p.m. -- took way too long in my opinion. Our cabins was a standard cabin at 180 sq. feet. Although there is plenty of storage and room for two people, if there is a family of 3 or 4, I would recommend a category 10 deluxe inside, which is both bigger and has 1 1/2 bathrooms. This is really convenient from families.

The entire staff was always wanting to meet your needs. Although Spring Break had started for the 2nd week. The dining staff gave us a table for 2 since we were back to back. I refuse to go on a cruise for only a week as I hate packing. Cruises have to be two weeks or longer.

The ship is extremely clean and the there is quite a bit of effort to keep it that way.

One of the reasons we keep going with Disney is their segregated adult areas. Next year we plan to go the last two weeks in January, because of a better price, and this will not be during the start of Spring Break when there a lot of kids.

Getting on and off of the ship was a breeze. Because AirTran has an agreement with Disney, you don't have to deal with handling luggage, and there is no additional charge. We left Milwaukee and the luggage arrived and later when we left we just set out the luggage the night before, and of course picked it up upon arrival back in Milwaukee. Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Standard Inside Stateroom Deck Five 6515

Inside cabin great for two people. If there are three or four individuals, I would recommend a cat. 10, deluxe inside. Although the cabin was fine. A group of parents let their kids run up and down the halls; however by 10:30 p.m. there was no excessive noise. The cabin is also in the front of the ship close to the elevator.

(5.5)
The Mayan ruins in Tulum are not to be missed; otherwise great breaches.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

This is a great port to do on your own. Disney of course pays more, and the ship is docked no more than a block away for the the main areas -- all within walking from the ship.

Read 734 Key West Reviews

Been to Nassau before, and I have seen all I want; thus, we stayed on the ship. If you have never been there, definitely a port to see.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

Although we stayed on the ship, I have enjoyed exploring St. Martin in previous trips.

Virgin Islands. Also possible to take excursions to St. John. The weather was perfect, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews