Disney Magic Cruise Review by MESH

Member Name: MESH
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 11B
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Disney Cruise for Adults
I have no kids, but my mom and I thoroughly enjoyed 14 days on the Disney Magic. The first cruise was the Western Caribbean, and the second cruise was the Eastern Caribbean. We take these cruises, because we are not only Disney fanatics, but also enjoy the Disney quality shows.

Although Disney Cruises are more expensive than similar cruises. This is definitely a case of getting what you paid for. The Disney Broadway style shows are first class and second to none. If a person dislike Disney characters, this is not the cruise for you. Also, the only gambling is bingo. Most other cruise lines have adult lecture series, which of course Disney does not.

We rarely ever get off of the ship, as we enjoy all the ship has to offer, and it gives me the opportunity to have quality time to write a book. We use Disney cruises to give as the opportunity to sit back and enjoy the world as it goes by. I normally work out for one hour a day either cycling or swimming in the adult pool.

The food and dining services was superb. Although I enjoy Celebrity Cruises also, the Disney food was actually better. The dining team met all of our needs and truly exceeded our expectations.

Although we checked in at 8:30 a.m., we did not get our luggage until 5:20 p.m. -- took way too long in my opinion. Our cabins was a standard cabin at 180 sq. feet. Although there is plenty of storage and room for two people, if there is a family of 3 or 4, I would recommend a category 10 deluxe inside, which is both bigger and has 1 1/2 bathrooms. This is really convenient from families.

The entire staff was always wanting to meet your needs. Although Spring Break had started for the 2nd week. The dining staff gave us a table for 2 since we were back to back. I refuse to go on a cruise for only a week as I hate packing. Cruises have to be two weeks or longer.

The ship is extremely clean and the there is quite a bit of effort to keep it that way.

One of the reasons we keep going with Disney is their segregated adult areas. Next year we plan to go the last two weeks in January, because of a better price, and this will not be during the start of Spring Break when there a lot of kids.

Getting on and off of the ship was a breeze. Because AirTran has an agreement with Disney, you don't have to deal with handling luggage, and there is no additional charge. We left Milwaukee and the luggage arrived and later when we left we just set out the luggage the night before, and of course picked it up upon arrival back in Milwaukee.

Publication Date: 03/14/10