Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Minnesota Dave: A Week with 3500 of my closest friends

Minnesota Dave
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera Cruises

A Week with 3500 of my closest friends

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Got to Long Beach on 2/13 and stayed at the Best Western Long Beach. Nice hotel. A great drive to the port.

Getting on the ship was a breeze. Was eating on the Lido Deck by 2. Was happy to see we didn't have to put the life jackets on. Instead you stand in the muster area. We left the port right on time (about 5:30).

I liked the ship. It is typical Carnival with a pink color scheme. It is kind of hard to get around, but you can figure that out.

Since I took a while to get organized, I didn't eat in the Main Dining Room on the first night. I went to the Lido Deck and ate there. Great food. I ate all the evening meals up there. By the end of the cruise, many more people discovered the place.

The entertainment was OK- The Friday show "Varoom" was fantastic!

The week I was on, there were almost 1000 youth under the age of 18 on board. I am really not sure where the parents were, but I got off the elevator and had to step over kids More practicing their Smackdown holds, underage kids smoking cuban cigars and vomiting, a lost child looking for his parents (we found them in the fitness center) and infants lying on the pizza counter. (I hope their diapers were clean). I mentioned this to the cruise director and was told that Carnival was monitoring the situation.

Disembarkation was a breeze. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Upper/Lower Panorama

God, I loved this port! Much to do and not enough time. Went parasailing and horseback riding.

Read 28 Cairns Reviews

I am really not sure what I expected here. Instead of a tour, I hired a cab to drive me around and show me the sites. Do go see the cliff diving!

Read 292 Mazatlan Reviews

It poured the day we were there. Tours were cancelled becasue of muddy roads. A new Wal Mart is right across the street from the pier.