Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Blessings357: Third Time On Carnival

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Third Time On Carnival

Sail Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

This is my third cruise on the Carnival Conquest. My friend who went with me has never cruised before.

Embarkation and debarkation went smoothly, no complaints. I always park at the Port of Galveston. It is so convenient and have never had to wait long for a shuttle going or coming. On debarkation, we got a luggage handler with a cart to get us to customs and with him, we got through a lot faster!

We spent the night at the Holiday Inn on the Beach; I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. I like the "Beach" better. Both are decent hotels to spend the night in before a cruise. No complaints whatsoever. We stayed on the 5th floor. I "believe" the 5th floor and above are newly renovated. The hotel suggested the Fisherman's Wharf for great seafood, the food was "excellent".

On the Conquest, we stayed in a cabin on the 8th floor, balcony, midship. I always stay on the 8th floor, but noticed in this room the noise from the restaurant above, which we More complained about several times.

We missed the Caymans because of rough sea waters that would not allow us to tender to shore. In Montego Bay, I did the Montego Bay Highlights and Shopping; I've done this previously but the route was a little different, actually better. We went to Rose Hall mall to shop--very nice; then to see the crafts of the islanders, nice also and on to Margaritaville. The site seeing along the way was very nice--about 3 hours total. In Cozumel we shopped at the pier, didn't do any tours. The shopping at the pier had everything I needed. We ate lunch at Poncho's backyard, at the pier, there is also one downtown. Their margarita's are the BOMB--two is more than enough. The food is good.

Overall, we had a great cruise, the food on the ship is good, love that pizza and the chocolate melting cake. My room steward was superior and the ship was spotless. I plan to cruise to the Bahamas next year on the Conquest. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Verandah 8340

I've stayed in three different cabins on the Carnival Conquest; all had balconies; the last room I stayed in had a lot of noise above us. That is my only complaint. I love being on the 8th floor, mid ship, but if you don't want to have to deal with the noise from the restaurant above, you may want to do the seventh floor.

I did the Montego Bay Highlights and Shopping tour; I enjoyed it. It took us to Rose Hall mall, which I was very impressed with; we also went to Margaritaville which I always enjoy. They also took us to local vendors, I like going to these cause you get to see the crafts from the islanders. As we road along the island we also saw some pretty sights; it was raining at first then the sun came out.