Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by snowbirdcruiser: A little disapointed

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Southern Caribbean Cruises

A little disapointed

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This is my 2nd cruise with Regent. The first on the Navigator. It is as nicely appointed and detailed as we have come to expect from Regent and it was kept clean and in good condition. I don't think that was a big chore as the ship had just come out of dry dock. Our cabin was on the 11th deck and unfortunately directly below the treadmills in the gym. Yes every day ALL day someone was running on them. There was NO way one could take a leisurely afternoon nap and forget any relaxing evening appetizer as the continual thumping of someone running on the treadmill overpowered everything else.

Our safe did not work and we contacted several different people form the cabin stewardess to the security officer... I doubt the safe is working yet!

We did not have a room service menu in the book of ship info and was treated a bit snooty by the butler when I asked for one.

FINALLY-- the executive staff was not all helpful or friendly. The cruise consultant Mike was in More fact rude and we have cancelled a scheduled cruise in August. Basically all he could tell us repeatedly was how busy he was booking...

booking- booking - booking - booking- Really he said 6 times in one brief conversation...

The excursion director seemed a bit terrified of face to face dealings with guests and I got the idea none of the excursion staff really had been on some of (or most of ) the excursions. The staff ALWAYS seems as though they are too busy to talk to YOU - to bad YOU are NOT important enough.

NOW-- the room was nice - clean and the housekeeping is impeccable. The maintenance is so-so and honestly the revamp of the pool area is a surprise as I had thought for the first 7 days "to bad they didn't redo the pool in dry dock" Silly me , they did ...

I don't think I would spend the money on Navigator again. Unless some substantial improvements are made and very publicly declared. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>