“Great Getaway”

wardwhitty
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We were on the Imagination in 1999 with 3 other couples. We were in our late 20's and the party atmosphere was the best. It was the perfect getaway with friends. My husband and I (both Platinum members) wanted a quick weekend trip and debated between the Norwegian Sky and the Imagination. I can tell you without a doubt we made the right choice. It was perfect.

We live in FL. so we drove to the port and arrived around 1:30pm. We were on the boat in 20mins and had a drink in our hand by 2:00pm. The staff was friendly and the boat was already full of passengers. The seas were a little rough until we got into the open waters but after that it was smooth sailing.

We had a great location on the Empress deck as far as proximity to everything, but could hear the galley commotion above. I would not do that again. Our room steward was the best and has been with Carnival since 1995.

Casino was not great to us but we had a great time. Lots of tables and machines, blackjack and Texas hold em tournaments, lotto etc. Definitely something for everyone.

Dining was your typical cruise fare. Pretty much the same as any Carnival boat but the staff in the Pride dining room was fantastic. The food was always hot and they were very attentive in case you did not like something, they were there to bring you something else.

Shows- did not see any

Kids- not a lot but those that were on were well entertained with Camp Carnival.

All in all this cruise exactly what we needed and would happily do it again. I highly recommend

Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4AE154
E154 Right under galley, too loud all hours of the day and night plus crew space was behind.
Published 03/10/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Imagination Review
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?