Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by hooked-on cruising

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by hooked-on cruising
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Member Name: hooked-on cruising
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Hong Kong
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: D1
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Taiwan - My very first Visit
This is the third time that I embarked on a cruise-ship from Ocean Terminal. The first was on P&O's Cathay in the mid-1960's and the second was on Rhapsody of the Seas in March 2008. The boarding process was relatively smooth, and hubby and I checked in by lining up in the Platinum/Diamond/Diamond Plus line. Unfortunately, we had to wait some time at the counter because RCI could not locate our Seapasses, and when they did bring two Seapasses, these bore the wrong names.

We were issued Boarding Passes and were allowed to board the ship, and had to wait about one hour by the Pursers Desk for the correct Seapasses to be issued to us.

When we finally were able to access our Stateroom, there will nothing there: there were no robes, no value booklets, no Day 1 Cruise Compass, and other informative material. We received a welcome phone-call from the Crown&Anchor Representative asking if everything was fine and I explained the missing stuff. Later the value booklets were delivered but they were the wrong ones, so I had to seek out the stateroom attendant to ask for the robes, correct value booklets, Day 1 Cruise Compass, etc. They were finally delivered later that afternoon.

I feel that life-jackets should be made mandatory during the muster drill. I can just see people scrambling for life-jackets in a real emergency and thwn not knowing how to put them on, creating more confusion. Hey, life-jackets are life-savers, and it is all you got to hang on to for your life!!!!! Yes, they are that important!

The Diamond events and the Gold Anchor Service were fine.

While I am a good sailor, I found that the ship was not very stable.

The crew were friendly and pleasant, unlike my experience on the Rhapsody of the Seas in 2008 where the welcoming crew were a real serious bunch and hardly cracked a smile as we boarded the ship.

All in all, I enjoyed my time on board.

Publication Date: 03/09/10
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Asia Cruise Reviews