Carnival Pride Cruise Review by kd1973: 1st Time Cruiser

1st Time Cruiser

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my 1st cruise and it was very nice. The embarkment in Baltimore was very convenient since I reside in New Jersey. It was a couple hours drive from home which was great. I would definitely cruise out of Baltimore in the future it was easy,fast and cost less than flying into a Florida port. The spa was incredible had a great massage and facial by Blanka visited the steam, sauna and whirlpool in the fitness center also very nice.

The cabin was nice I chose an interior w/french doors which is a balcony room w/out a balcony. It did have the doors where a balcony would have been but it's behind the lifeboats so no real view. That worked out fine for me since a balcony would have been a waste of money it was freezing (mid-50's all week)and I wouldn't have enjoyed sitting out there but I it did have more room than a regular interior room so it was okay.

The food was great plenty of fresh fruit which was almost always sweet. The desserts were also very good loved More the Creme Brulee, Chocolate Melting cake both from the Normandie Restaurant and the Hazelnut Cheesecake from David's the gourmet restaurant on board. The entrees were good in the restaurants and the Mermaids Grill which is a buffet style were okay. Alcohol drinks were expensive approx $8-$9 each for the drink specials each day thank goodness it was really too cold for me to drink too many I can see how many people spend hundreds on just drinks while on-board.

The ports were nice breaks from being on-board. Cape Canaveral was freezing very windy did the Ron Jon shopping shuttle which was nice to walk around and visit Cocoa Beach Pier would be really nice when it's warm out. Nassau also was cold and windy I did the Beach-Day at Atlantis w/lunch that property was beautiful being from around the Atlantic City area the casino was just like home. I did win around $80 so that was a nice day. The last stop was Freeport I did the Island Tour w/ Brice as our tour-guide he was great took us thru some nice neighborhoods also did some stops in a few shopping areas got alot of great deals on straw bags and souvenirs.

The shows on-board were great and the cruise directors Jamie and Will were very funny. Overall the trip was great but the weather would need to be warmer for me to do another cruise maybe in spring or summer time next time is what I'm planning on. I would definitely recommend this ship to anyone looking to cruise on a beautiful ship w/plenty of artwork. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>