Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by DawgTagz: Liberty of the Seas - Family Vacation - Comprehensive Review

DawgTagz
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Liberty of the Seas - Family Vacation - Comprehensive Review

Sail Date: February 2010

Background Information We are your usual family of four. Wife and I are 40 and the kids are 10 & 11, boy and girl respectively and our dog.

Hotel Info (if any) - N/A

Ship Info - Liberty of the Seas, Royal Carribean I won't give you the techical details on the ship, as you can get that anywhere. I will tell you that this ship is massive and excellently designed. You can literally go anywhere from the end of the stern to the very tip of the Bow. All of the Dining Rooms are in the stern, including the concierge lounge and excellently decorated. In the middle of the ship, you'll find the Casino, Shopping Mall, Ice Rink, Bars and on the top deck the pool. In the bow is the Spa, Fitness Center and theater.

Activities There where a great deal of activities put on by the Cruise Director, but we spent our time swimming, Ice Skating or in the Fitness / Spa when we were on board.

Service This is where I can't speak enough of the service we encountered. More So let me start with Mario, the concierge, who contacted us before we few down to Miami to ensure that everything was properly configured. Dinner, Food requests, etc.

Our Suite Attendant was Neal, an Indian fellow, who did an excellent job of cleaning the suite and not losing or hiding anything that I had laid out. Additionally, he had alot to clean with the kids.

Dinner - Head Waiters (Memis & Benji Perez) we had the odd occurance of the Head Waiter switching on us after one day, but they both took excellent care of us through the enitre cruise. Benji always looked for us at breakfast to help us get a table with a view and Memis helped whenever he saw us. Request these Head waiters. Our waiter was Michael Morgan, an great fellow from Jamaica. After one meal he pretty much had us pegged for likes and dislikes and ensured that the plates were corrected. And our Assitant waiter was Yulia from Ukranie who was attentive, friendly, spoke excellent english and was always ensuring that we were taken care of. I also want to mention Ricardo, who was working the Windjammer. Once again demomstrated excellence by owning the issues and taking resposibility to get them resolved personally rather than delegating.

Port & Shore Excursions Summary Haiti - Bare Foot Beach - Get the cabana on the water, totally worth the $200. watch out for rocks, bring water shoes.

Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel - See Below.

Travel To Port of Embarkation - Flight... nothing noteworthy.

Stateroom - Grand Suite 1578 Best way to cruise with kids. Large enough to live in, large balcony, slept outside a night or two. Watch the video on Youtube.

Dining I've spoken about the service, so let me talk about the food. My Wife and I are foodies, so we may be abit picky. The food was good, but not excellent. It definitly needed more seasoning. Emeril may need to talk to the Chef. LOL

Children's Clubs - Son had a cough, so didn't use.

Entertainment - Only saw two shows, Dreams of an Artist I think and the Ice Show. Both excellent theater productions. Ice Show was phenominal.

Disembarkation - Quick and effiecient. Bags were right next to each other on the carousel and we were in customs in a matter of minutes. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 10 1578

Excellent suite. Get Lounge Cushions from Solarium.

Playa de Mia - Crowded Tourist Beach. fun, but crowded. We hit Margaritaville after and enjoyed it much more.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

went to the beach, awesome waves. We had to tender in Scotts bay, which took a long time to load us back up.

Liquid Sunshine Day (rain). Rented Cab from Aunti Mamma. He took excellent care of us. Look him up. Climbed Dunn Falls, must do. He took us a local Jerk place, where we ate local foods Bammy and Festival and of course hot pepper sauce.