Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by hotglass

Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: hotglass
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Refurbished? Only thing I noticed was a bigger casino
I have cruised many many times with NCL & I was very disappointed to find that this cruise (a ship I have been on 2 time previously) that was just upgraded was not up to my standards. The food was OK, but I have been used to having more choices and fancier desserts. Also, when we got into our cabin, I noticed that there was a layer of dust behind everything & there was water in the coffee pot. (I did not empty the water from the coffee pot since we aren't coffee drinkers & waited to see how long it would take to get emptied --- it took until Wednesday.)There was a new towel animal except the first & last night (I am sure that had something to do with them trying to sell the towel folding DVD's.) I cleaned the room myself. Our room steward was never seen. One night, we had a towel folding DVD that was left in our room with a slip that had been signed by another guest. We left a note that it was delivered to the wrong room. Not one steward acknowleded it. I just thought they could have written a note saying thanks for returning the DVD. It used to be that bed-spreads were put on the beds during the day, but the only thing now is 1 small strip of a bedspread. There was no longer a turn down service nor the little chocolates on the pillows at night.

On the up side, there were always enough towels. My father stayed on a different floor and said that his cabin steward was very friendly and his room was always clean. The small "coffee table" in the room was very wabbly & the furniture was scratched up. There was some mold in the shower after a few days which never was cleaned up as far as I know. The buffet had improved and there were a good number of choices there. The Blue Lagoon that was always open was probably one of the best choices for eating. Even the crew in the dining room weren't really as talkative as they used to be. Also, it used to be that everyone seemed to want to do a good job, but now that there are no tips at stake, there is not as much friendliness. When freestyle started, there were less constraints on times for getting off the ship, but now everyone is being assigned a time to get off.

Publication Date: 03/08/10