Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by liindajean: Navigator is back! Rollin' and Rockin' in the Caribbean!

liindajean
Member Since 2009

Service Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Western Caribbean Cruises

Navigator is back! Rollin' and Rockin' in the Caribbean!

Sail Date: February 2010

From our first greeting at Port Everglades ("Welcome to Navigator"), to our easy disembarkation 1 week later we had a stress-free time. We arrived and soon found ourselves being greeted with champagne and then eating lunch on the pool deck. My DH needed some Advil so he asked one of the men in suits (sorry, I don't know the names of anyone..I'll refer to them as MIS) who directed him to the reception desk where he was quickly accommodated. When we later saw him he inquired if my DH needed any further help.

We went to our cabin (lovely) and met our butler, Ishan, who made us feel welcome. We explored the ship..she looks lovely. We noticed a vibration the first night in Compass Rose, but not so much on subsequent nights. There was a LOT of vibration one day in La Veranda as the ship was pulling out of the harbor. Compass Rose and La Veranda food and service was very good. There were a lot of MIS making sure things ran smoothly who did whatever needed to be done..seating, More delivering orders etc. We were eating dinner at La Veranda with another couple when someone asked for sorbet between courses. Our server said "Of course I can get that for you". I was watching her and I could see her thinking "Don't say no" before she gave her response...really. I could read it on her face. Our dinner at Prime 7 was excellent, as was the service. I had surf and turf while my DH had lamb chops. We were both pleased with our meals. They served us an anniversary cake (40th) for dessert. The wines were excellent and we found no reason to go off menu. One evening we were brought a Chianti we didn't want and the requested Cab was quickly poured. There were fresh flowers around the ship and orchids in our room. There is a coffee machine on the pool deck that makes automatic lattes and cappuccinos. The ice cream station on the pool deck is under an overhang to stay out of the sun.

The Destinations desk people were helpful and polite. Everyone greeted you in the halls. There are 10 computers with flat screen monitors in the library, which was also well stocked. Had a great massage in the Canyon Ranch spa. (Only because of OBC..too expensive otherwise.) We received a survey halfway through our cruise from Mark Conroy wanting to know if there was anything they could do to make our cruise better. We had a rough time on our sea day..Navigator was really moving and shaking. We heard some pax complain "We're never sailing on this ship again!" But we just said: "We're on a CRUISE! On WATER! There are WAVES!" Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Navigator 1114

The hour "air-conditioned" bus ride was worth it to get to the New River to travel 25 miles up river to the Lamanai Ruins. We enjoyed sightings of heron and bats (but no crocodiles) on our trip upriver to Lamanai. Lamanai means 'submerged crocodile". When we arrived we were fed a Mayan lunch (or maybe not..it was chicken and coleslaw and small coconut cakes.) After lunch our guide began our tour of the ruins. The pyramids are not to be missed! Well worth the drive and the heat. Amazing!