Carnival Dream Cruise Review by DZCruiser3: Cruised the Carnival Dream and loved it!

DZCruiser3
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruised the Carnival Dream and loved it!

Sail Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First of all I would like to say that we had a group of 24 and everyone had a great time and are ready for the next cruise! Before we went on the Dream I read through various reviews and was starting to worry with so many negative reviews being posted. There is not one negative thing I can say about the Dream.

Our embarkment was extremely smooth. We took a shuttle at the Radisson and were at the port by 12:45. I don't even think we were in line for 30 minutes before we were on board. We dropped off the carry on luggage and headed to The Gathering for a bite to eat before the muster drill. The Mongolian Wok is really good. Granted you are in line longer than anywhere else but they do cook your food in front of you. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather them spend a few minutes making sure my chicken is done and I don't get salmonella. By the time we were done with the muster drill and went back by the room our checked bags where there.

We had an inside More cabin and it was very roomy. There were three closets, and several drawers. Your luggage fits nicely under the bed. The bathroom was a good size and had several shelves as well.

The food at the Scarlet Lounge was always great. The food was always hot and served in a timely manner. Our waiter was Caesar and he was excellent! Hector was also one of our servers and he was good as well. The pasta bar was good, never had a chance to eat at the burrito bar. The pizza and fries on the Lido deck were also good.

We went to all the shows in the encore lounge and you CANNOT miss the Dancing in the Streets show! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

I set up a group excursion with a company called cave-tubing.com and they were waiting for us at the port when we tendered in. We rode on a nice air conditioned bus to the ATV site and on the drive the guide gave us a little city tour. He also brought out a bottle of Cashew Wine for us to try. Once we got to the ATV site we loaded up on the ATVs and headed out on the trails. This was my absolute favorite thing that we did on the whole cruise! The trails were really great, nice and muddy! Once we got back we rode a bus over to the national park there to cave tube. The cave tubing was really great as well. We took a 20 minute walk and then entered just before a cave. The guides had us link up and they were in front paddling and we did not have to do a thing. Once we were done tubing the bus took us back to the ATV site were we had lunch. Stewed chicken with the local spices and rice. It was very good. After lunch we loaded back up on the bus to head back to port. We had a few of the group that went on an excursion to see the ruins and they told us that they wish they had gone with us instead.

We did the Boat Blast, Snorkeling, Beach Break excursion through carnival. This was one of my favorites as well. We rode a bus out to Uvero Beach and a guide gave us a quick how to on the boats. It is a 2 person boat. I drove first, a 20 minute ride out to the snorkel site. I was not going to do the snorkeling part but I am really glad that I did. The reefs were really amazing and there were all kinds of fish. I would loved to have driven back as well but I guess I had to let my husband drive too. A few of our group did the uvero beach break and once we got back to the beach we were able to hang out with them for a few hours and drink all we wanted to for free.

Three of us did the horseback riding at the Buena Vista Ranch and had a great time! They drive you out to the ranch and you ride for about 30 minutes, stop at a cave to explore and then back on the horse for 30 more minutes to the ranch. They have a Cantina and a few shops on the ranch to enjoy and then headed back to port. We had a few hours to tour around at the port before we had to get back on the ship.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

We got off the boat and headed over to Mahogany Bay. You can either walk the trail (5 minutes) or take the chair lift (I am not sure how much this was, but I don't think it was a lot) over to the beach. They have a few restaurants and bars there and they have lounge chairs set up for you to enjoy.

Read 1646 Roatan Reviews