Carnival Dream 5

“A Dream only lasts 7 days!”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

yyzatc
Member Since 2009
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze but that has been said before.

The ship was beautiful. There were some lines but nothing huge. On the first day of sailing head to the back of the ship as most people tend to congregate around the pool area. I had the pasta bar during that time and it was empty. The pasta was tremendous. I had it 4 of the 7 days..fettuccine, Alfredo sauce, mushrooms and shrimps x2!! The rest of the food was wonderful.

Cabins. We were on deck 8 and had to lean over to see the lanai otherwise all you saw was ocean! If you are on deck 6 where the lanai widens I suggest you keep your curtains closed as you can easily see in. I would not want to stay on deck 6.

John Heald was the cruise director and he is hilarious! I will be looking to see what cruises he is doing and try to book them.

The ship does shudder and one night it also creaked. The winds however were 60 Kts across the ship!

I did catch the odor 3 More times(one may have been me though from the burrito bar!) One time was waiting while at the top of the slides. It actually was so bad we all covered our noses. The other two times were only a couple of seconds while I was walking.

My son loved the Circle C club and was there most of the time.

Dancing in the Streets was truly unbelievable. It is one show you cannot miss. Get there early though. With a half hour to showtime it was packed!

We used Laura's Shuttle both ways from Orlando Airport. They picked us up on time and it was a great ride to the hotel. On debarkation day, we called as per their request at around 745am to tell them when we would be off the ship. We had the last luggage tags are were to be off around 920-930am. They told us were to go to meet our shuttle. Much to our surprise we were on a bus with 30 other people that were WAITING for us! It was great for us as when we arrived on the bus we left right away. I'm not sure how happy everyone else was though having to wait for us.

Bottom line. We had a great time. I don't know how you cannot have a great time while on a cruise. You are pampered, fed and cleaned for every minute of every day!

Enjoy yourself and look forward to your cruise. You will have a great time. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

8c8211
Cabin 8211. Standard balcony cabin. Nothing different.

Went on the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour. It was OK. Food at the stop was terrible and cost $10 for a cheeseburger and pop. Mayan ruins were very interesting. River tour wasn't.

Just went into port to shop and haggle with all the vendors.

Read 1395 Costa Maya Reviews

We did the dolphin swim and had a great time. It is a once in a lifetime experience that everyone should try. Food that came with the excursion was very good.

Read 4536 Cozumel Reviews

Went to Mahogany Beach. Beautiful warm water and relaxing. Was there with the kids for about 5 hours. Watch the sun! Use sunscreen, I didn't and am still paying for it.

Read 2191 Roatan Reviews

Published 03/04/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?