MSC Opera Cruise Review by albertob: Pirates in South America

Pirates in South America

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: South America
Embarkation: Buenos Aires

This was by far the worst cruise I ever took. I have been cruising for more than twenty years with Costa, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Princess, Carnival and unfortunately now with Mediterranean Shipping Crooks (MSC). These guys are pirates.

Let's start with the good side. The Opera ship is nice. That is it, nothing else to say.

Pricing: all the promotions they advertised on the newspapers were a lie. I paid my cruise six months in advance with a "30% discount" but other people paid less than me, a week before sailing and got a better room. This is not something common in Argentina.

The service was simply horrendous. They treated us as if we were in a prison. One day I returned from an excursion and they did not let me go to the restaurant. In a very bad manner they obliged me to go to the buffet that was packed. I could not eat. It was the first time that I was hungry in a cruise.

The last day I went to pay my bill and I waited in a long line. More Other people stood in the wrong place but the officer in charge gave them priority. When I complained I was told to shut up and that he decided who could pay first. Emanuelle Aiello was the name of the bastard.

Food: between 3pm and 8pm there was no food available, not even paying. Waiters did not have a clue how each dish was prepared. The size of the dishes was miserable; they cut the chicken and the meat as thin as ham.

Entertainment: it was a joke. My cruise was 13 days long and the shows were repeated thrice.

Moreover this cruise was extremely expensive. I paid twice the cost of a 14 days Caribbean cruise with Princess and got nothing in return.

I do not want to bore you with all the bad things of this cruise. I just want to warn you not to spend your money with them. Less

Published 03/02/10

Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X