Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Tinabrn

Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: SE
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

Lots of fun in spite of...........
Despite embarkation problems, a wait of over 2 hours to begin embarkation due to US Customs, late departure from Los Angeles due to the fuel barge breaking down, rain and cold on the return to LA, I still really enjoyed this cruise.

We had a lovely room with a wonderful stewardess and nice butler...this was an upsell for us but was worth every penny for the size of the room and the amenities provided. My husband's walker fit conveniently out of the way, and the large bathroom and balcony was appreciated so much. We didn't get to use the balcony on the return trip home due to high winds and rain, and that was the only disappointment.

Buffet was better on this ship than on my previous Norwegian experience, and I enjoyed other restaurants as well. We loved the whale watch cruise but actually got to see nearly as many in the 2 hours before we reached Cabo from our own balcony!! What fun ...many came quite close to the ship. This is the time of year to visit this area for your best chance to see whales.

I enjoyed the dancers shows very much, especially the "Band on the Run"...one of the best I have seen. I did not attend any other shows, but enjoyed the singers in the atrium, and especially the mariachi band in Puerto Vallarta.

Excellent computer room,but computers were a bit slow. Had lots of credit left over .....I also enjoyed shopping on this ship...Norwegian does an excellent job with its on board shops.

Our cruise critic meet and greet was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed exchanging postcards and meeting some of the crew members. I thought everyone on board this particular cruise was very warm and friendly and I am enjoying NCL more each time I go.

Publication Date: 03/02/10