Silver Cloud Cruise Review by B787: Silver Cloud

Silver Cloud

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Buenos Aires

The cruise started out exciting!!! Buenos Aires for 2 days. This was the only highlight of the voyage. The "Cloud" was to be "Renovated". Well that was the first letdown. The Cabin was old, beat up, furniture pieces, a filthy dirty deck with stainage and black grease! They had this cabinet where the old T.V. was you could use it for your clothing as storage was not a high pointof this cabin. The drapes had threads hanging from them, back to the cabinet they could have at least put a piece of plywood in it to make room for more folded clothing. It was strange but upon embarking in the reception area I felt their was somthing amiss when steel poles were painted in blues in Faux-Painting. And it did not even reach the top of the pole. Now back to the room the furniture was faded, the carpet faded, the tub had been refinished however it did not match the old sink color.I will admit that the Bvlgari toiletries were very nice. The towels had not seen a softener for months. The towels and More washcloths were just plain hard!!!! Gosh! This is Luxury?

Now the food was equally unimpressive. Room Service every morning was wrong. I could NOT wait for Eggs Benedict. It was burned on top of the poached eggs,that should have been hard-boiled. This went on every morning. Scrambled eggs were way undercooked and runny. Creamer for coffee was spoiled, we gave up and ordered milk for our coffee. Rolls were never warm. I never went to the main dining room for lunch as it was to over the top. The Galley lunch in the Italian Restaurant was Horrid!!! Mesculan Greens all over the counter. On the Carving Board was this Huge fish hanging upside down. Very delectable,don't you think? The lamb chops were greasy and gamey. The pizzas were under heating lamps and DRIED-OUT. I went to inspect on another day to see much of the same. For Dinner the Italian Restaurant had the same menu every night. Rumour had it from past SilverSea customers that it used to change daily. The only item that was good was the bread. The Pasta was plain pastie!!!!!! I had a few pasta dishes and they all were below par. In the main dining room the food was injected with this and reduction of that. The ONLY dinner in the cruise that was tolerable was the "Osso-Bucco". On the evening they had Prime-Rib I had asked for my meat Medium Rare. It was nuked the center was well done. I could only eat the outer edges. The Beef Tartre looked like it came out of a Cookie cutter. I had to ASK for toast-points. The head of dining "Sergio" was totally out of touch with his customers needs, and ran around like a "Chicken with his head cut off".........This was the whole cruise. To tell all of you the truth I lived on the Pool Deck Grill eating Cheeseburgers,Fries,& Shrimp Cocktails. I became friendly with the help more than 50% said they were leaving this cruiseline when their contract was up. They were embarrassed by the cuts in passenger service this cruise line has done. Oh by the way if you are expecting caviar on this ship,better go elsewhere. Speaking with past SilverSea cruisers they were very very upset with the downgrading of this line.Many said this was their last cruise on SilverSea.

The only thing that made this cruise easy to deal with was the help. They were all "10"'s except for "Sergio". Oh might I add rotton mayonaise in sealed jars. I only can say that this line has very slick advertising and brochures. The product that they deliver is so below par that it is sad!!!!!!! To all reading this if you are booked on the SilverCloud, Good-Luck!!!!!!! This Cruiseline is an embarrassment at sea. A Joke. This was my 31rst and WORST cruise I have ever been on!!!! It is sad very sad indeed. Finally when we arrived in Rio, we rejoiced in knowing we were finally off of this awful ship and cruiseline. If you want Luxury, go with "Yachts of Seabourn"....................I give this cruiseline and ship a thumbs-down Less

Read more Silver Cloud cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Cloud Review >>

Cabin review: Silver Cloud 605

Dirty, Beat-Up, Faded Carpet, Faded Furniture, Threadbare Curtains,

Buenos Aires was FAB!!!!! However SilverSea had the cheapest dock space . Costa yes Costa and Oceania had better docking than the "Cloud"In the other cities it was all the same.....parked with container ships.