Carnival Victory Cruise Review by berries957

Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Dining 5+

Valentin's Day Cruise out of San Juan!!
We set sail 10pm Eastern time on the Carnival Victory out of San Juan, Puerto Rico on Valentine's Day February 14, 2010. We had a wonderful time. We are a party of 19. Ages ranging from 1 years old - late 50's I would say.

Flew in to San Juan. Spent 2 days before hand. Gathered all the family up and met everyone at the port on the 14th.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a balcony stateroom. Beautiful views. A little more roomier than an inside cabin. Perfect for 2 or 3 people. 4 is pushing it. I think it's a little tight for the luggage and clothing with 4 people.

The ship's decor is definitely dated. The food was good. The dining room food I thought was excellent overall. If you didn't like something, our waitress Amy would bring it back and bring us something she recommended or we did like. Sushi bar is awesome on Deck 5. Only open from 5-8pm I believe. Lido buffet we only used for Breakfast. We liked to eat fast and utilize all our time on the islands. Normal breakfast foods. They had french toast every other day and pancakes every other day. They did have an omelette station. Lines would get long from 9am until about 10am I would say. We ate usually between 7:45 and 8:30am every day. We were up and about early.

Dining Room: Ate there only for dinner Lido Buffet: Ate there only for breakfast and snacks when we came back on board from the island. Sandwich shop: Ate there coming back from an Island for a late lunch/snack Sushi Bar: Ate there one night for dinner sat down at the 3 couches present.

The only thing I couldn't stand on this cruise was the availability to smoke at the casino and outside by the lido buffet deck. I am a non smoker nor can I stand when anyone smokes near me. Kill your own lungs NOT mine and my family's lungs. Some mornings we would have liked to eat at the lido buffet but outside by the pool and we could never. The smokers would be eating breakfast and enjoying the view, fresh air, and their cancer sticks.

Service was wonderful. Be polite and patient. There are thousands of people of this ship. What do u expect? Expect to wait on lines at the buffet. Dining is a process if you order more than one entree like we were doing in my party. We had 19 people. 3 tables side by side and to eat dinner usually took 2hrs start to finish.

Entertainment was good. The comedian was excellent. Percy Cruise the 2nd was his name. Pretty hysterical. The marriage game was a little lame. Much funnier on Royal Caribbean. Bingo is over priced as usual. $20 I think bought you 3 cards. The casino is hoppin at night which was a lot of fun. Some of the slot machines were paying out pretty well. Table games going good too.

Hot tubs full with kids. Cammon guys... that did annoy me. As an adult we like to relax sometimes without kids jumping in and out of the hot tubs. The pools are small little rectangles. We were at a port everyday or that would have annoyed me since they were over crowded most of the time and I saw only 2 of them.

Ice cream machines. There are 2 of them. 1 was out of service the whole time. The 2nd one by the pool was usually always out of sugar cones because the massive amount of ice cream the kids would go through every day. It was kinda annoying going for ice cream 4 times to find that you never got a cone. You look forward to the cone.

Karl with a K was the cruise director. A little cheesy but not as interactive as the cruise directors on Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 03/02/10