Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by brothersmovers: No matter what...Still a trip of a lifetime

brothersmovers
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

No matter what...Still a trip of a lifetime

Sail Date: February 2010

My husband & i decided it was time for us to take my 14yr.old grandson away before he got to old too want to hang with mom mom & pop pop. So we decided on a cruise. We were ready to book an entirely different cruise until we were advised by many to do a Carnival ship. "The Fun Ship".

The first full day of sailing was unfortunately a wash out.We spent the entire day trying to find the "circle c" club. (with the map of the ship)We finally were told to proceed to the front of the ship on deck 5. We would then see a narrow staircase going down 1 floor. We would then see a metal door (unmarked). That was the arcade. Go through the door to another door & that would be Circle C. A 8x10 room. FINALLY...maybe my grandson could find some people his age.NADA. No one was there. An employee finally emerged to suggest he play video games. Are you kidding me? I went to guest services to see if there where any type of entertainment committee for to bring the teenagers together More like they had been doing all day for the adults. I was told "it is known that the Miracle is not a kid friendly ship" A matter of fact she went further to tell me that the ship is known for being an older adult ship. I had already figured that one out on my own due to the number of people obviously way over the age of 65. I am 50. Not young, but surely not old. Well as they say, everything happens for a reason. My grandson did eventually meet 4 of the 20 total kids that were on board & had a marvelous time.

My husband & I were able to enjoy ourselves with & without my grandson. A cruise is a wonderful choice for families who want to spend time together & also enjoy their own time. The ship was immaculate. The staff was on top of everything. I would suggest you save up for this cruise. EVERYTHING is an additional cost. Beverage package. (soda & juice only) No water. Get one & share it. You can only purchase this package day 1 & 2. After that you're on your own. Pay per soda, plus tax, plus gratuity on every drink. It adds up quickly. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Empress 6264

We had booked out tour through Vitalino Reyes. (cavetubing.com) A wonderful man. Had lunch at his house after cave tubing.

We did meet Herbie from www.idobelizetours.com He is just awesome. Everything from horse back riding to cave tubing to scuba diving. He showed us a wonderful time.Herbie works with Vitalino, too.

cavetubing. very nice. don't think i would do it again. A bit slow for me. I would have prefered going to one of the islands for a day of exotic sun & fun.

Thanks to Almiza Tours. (www.myfriendmario.com) We were lucky enough to Mario Sr. We saw a beautiful waterfall while being transported in a hand carved canoe by the Embera Indians. Visited their village & still had time to see the canal.(Gatun Locks) What more could you ask for.