Ventura Cruise Review by lancsman

Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: bal
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
A really relaxing holiday with minor whines only
The combination of fabulous service, really good food, a comfortable cabin, interesting ports, and fabulous weather mean that any whinges are indeed minor. It did surprise me however the number of people my wife and I chatted to on the ship who did just that, whinge about every minor issue. Do regular cruisers often say "the toast is better on Celebrity" and similar? If so, how sad is that, as it must spoil their enjoyment.

I have listed many good points in my opening sentence, but would also add that the price of alcohol on board was very competitive. I also enjoyed the art gallery, the ambiance of the Metropolis bar (and the fabulous performances of the duo Sophistication), the exemplary organisation of embarquation and disembarquation, the friendliness of the staff and other passengers.

My minor whines are as follows:

The pool areas are a bit like Butlins on a bad day, very crowded and noisy. The excursions are expensive. Charging £20 a person for a photo with the captain as the only way to see the bridge. Too many "tribute acts" in the entertainment. Very few quiet areas, as musak is everywhere (I ended up sitting out on the promenade deck)

All in all we had a fabulous time, the most relaxing holiday ever.

Publication Date: 03/01/10