Ventura Cruise Review by lancsman: A really relaxing holiday with minor whines only

Ventura 4
lancsman
Member Since 2010
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

A really relaxing holiday with minor whines only

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Barbados

The combination of fabulous service, really good food, a comfortable cabin, interesting ports, and fabulous weather mean that any whinges are indeed minor. It did surprise me however the number of people my wife and I chatted to on the ship who did just that, whinge about every minor issue. Do regular cruisers often say "the toast is better on Celebrity" and similar? If so, how sad is that, as it must spoil their enjoyment.

I have listed many good points in my opening sentence, but would also add that the price of alcohol on board was very competitive. I also enjoyed the art gallery, the ambiance of the Metropolis bar (and the fabulous performances of the duo Sophistication), the exemplary organisation of embarquation and disembarquation, the friendliness of the staff and other passengers.

My minor whines are as follows:

The pool areas are a bit like Butlins on a bad day, very crowded and noisy. The excursions are expensive. Charging £20 a person for More a photo with the captain as the only way to see the bridge. Too many "tribute acts" in the entertainment. Very few quiet areas, as musak is everywhere (I ended up sitting out on the promenade deck)

All in all we had a fabulous time, the most relaxing holiday ever. Less

Published 03/01/10