Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by chixfila: Fun yet Relaxing Vacation!

chixfila
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Fun yet Relaxing Vacation!

Sail Date: February 2010

We flew down to Ft. Lauderdale the day of the cruise and found embarkment to be pretty easy. Yes, there were lines but that's what I'd expect when 3000 people are all trying to get on the same boat.

We stayed on balcony cabin 6315. Our cabin was very clean and comfortable. We always had fresh towels, ice and bathrobes and the cabin steward was always there when we needed him.

The ship itself was very clean. We always saw someone vacuuming or cleaning the handrails everywhere on the ship. We found Carnival staff to be VERY friendly. Not once did we run into a staff person that didn't smile at us and ask us about our day.

My husband was a big fan of playing BlackJack in the casino while I spent time up on the pool decks. Getting a chair was never a problem. At night we would go to a show and then hang out in one of the bars. We like the Havanna bar and the Piano Bar.

We enjoyed the entertainment each night. We saw the comedian, PG and R rated, the More British singer and one day went to the Marriage Game. Our cruise director was Felipe and we thought he was fun and informative.

We chose anytime dining and were assigned to to Chic Dining room. Our waiters were excellent and made us feel like we were old friends. We both enjoyed the dining room food each night. We ate at the buffets for lunch and both thought that they were average. We also dined at the Sun Steakhouse one night and thought the food and service were excellent.

We got off of the ship in each port, Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamaica and had no problems at all. We wandered around on our own in Key West, took a tour (7 mile Beach, Hell and Turtle Farm) in Grand Cayman and a tour with Mark Morris (Dunn's Falls and sightseeing) in Jamaica. We can't rave enough about Mark Morris. He was such a nice man and we learned so much about Jamaica in the short time that we spent with him.

Overall, we had a great time. I was shocked to see some negative reviews from people that were on this same cruise. My feeling is that a vacation is what you make of it and if you have a great attitude and want to have fun, you will! My husband and I would both cruise Carnival again and recommend it to friends and family. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>