Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by bellasmommy: First Time Cruisers~WILL NEVER CRUISE WITH CARNIVAL AGAIN!

bellasmommy
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Mexican Riviera Cruises

First Time Cruisers~WILL NEVER CRUISE WITH CARNIVAL AGAIN!

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We are a young couple in our older 20's, took our 2 and a half year old daughter. We were so excited for our FIRST cruise, and it was such a disappointment. I HIGHLY do NOT RECOMMEND Carnival. We even paid for the upgraded ocean-view room, and was totally not worth one penny...

We went for the activities they promise-the ping pong and golf ends at 7pm, my husband went to do the basketball tournament-NO ONE was there! Not even any staff to arrange it...there was absolutely nothing to do WITH our daughter. She screamed when we took her to Camp Carnival-the few minutes we were there, I noticed the room was very small and all they did was turn on the TV for the kids. Not at all how it was described or pictured on the website. Needless to say, our daughter did not stay there, not one minute. It would have been nice if she would have felt more comfortable to stay, which she does really well at daycare, but it was not a very welcoming atmosphere. I felt sorry for the children More there.

Food-VERY VERY GROSS!! We ate at the Lido Deck for lunch the first afternoon-the burgers were very good. It ended there. The rest of the dishes were so nasty. WE ARE BREAKFAST people-how can you screw up breakfast?? The eggs were like blocks of yellow jello-so gross! The bacon was even nasty, the pancakes were dry and hard, it was all so disappointing. It all tasted like it was cooked in the same grease. For lunch I got this yummy sounding soup-IT TASTED LIKE THE BACON GREASE! NO KIDDING!! YUCK! The best part was the bread and butter, and the self serve ICE CREAM! :)

The dinner in the Elation dining room was much better than the Paris Buffet. The lobster and shrimp was pretty good. The steak was pretty good. The waiters in elation were very nice and very quick. The chocolate melting cake was VERY RICH and pretty good. The minestone soup was ok.

The casino on the boat was so DEAD and Small. We went there to play some cards, there were like 4 people there. Same as the Rex Dance Club...I wanted to dance but they played very old music and there was only 6 people dancing.

The ship is very outdated, but very clean. I have to hand it to the cleaning people, they were very good and our room was ALWAYS clean. Also, I noticed the crew cleaning the ship constantly, so that made me feel better.

It was definitely not worth ANY MONEY!!!!!! DO NOT CRUISE WITH THIS SHIP LINE!!! Less

Published 02/27/10

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review: E23

Great view. Good location on ship.

We got off in Catalina, in order to get to Catalina you have to take a shoreboat to get there, the wait to get off Paradise was VERY long and you can't take an elevator to get down to the 3rd deck.

CATALINA IS BEAUTIFUL!! FOOD WAS SO GREAT IN CATALINA!!

Ensenada was ok. With this cruise you have to be back on the ship at 4 for Catalina and can be back by 9:30pm for Ensenada. I would rather have it flipped. I would have wanted more time in Catalina. Ensenada was very depressing to me. There were mothers with their little babies sitting in the streets constantly asking for money. One of our friends gave a little girl a $5 and then we kept walking and this other girl came and demanded more money, when she said no, the little girl started cussing at her and kicked her! Every second there are people trying to sell you SOMETHING, which is very ANNOYING. The best part are the PINA COLADAS!! SO SO YUMMY!!! :)

Read 263 Ensenada Reviews