Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by traysd123

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by traysd123
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: traysd123
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

My thoughts on the Radiance of the Seas..
After a 20 minute drive down to the pier, we arrived about 11am.. We got through the embarkation process rather smoothly and headed onboard.

Background: I am 33 years old and single, I cruised without my children this time. I am a die-hard Carnival cruiser and thought I'd try RCCL this time. I traveled with my parents, who are in their early 50's, and three of their friends, who are all seniors, one of whom uses a walker/wheelchair..

Windjammer: I did notice that the Windjammer was set up much better than the buffets on Carnival. The food was really good, and since I am not a big "Formal/elegant dining" fan, I ate there ALOT! The mongolian BBQ was excellent :)

Main Dining Room: It was very pretty, I only ate there for dinner a few nights, our servers were excellent, the service was just too slow for my taste. I never understood half of the menu, and preferred the Windjammer most nights. Although I must say that I really enjoyed the Dining room for breakfast!

The Room: My roommate was a family friend who was 40 years older than myself, and although we made it perfectly clear that we would not be sharing a bed, the beds were not separated..they fixed it right away though. The room itself was a nice size with a large window. We did have a wheelchair and nowhere to put it, but we made it work. The bathroom, well, lets just say you could sit on the toilet and brush your teeth at the same time.. and the hand held shower head does have a mind of its own and would have definitely made it to the blooper reel had it been on video! But it was fine, as I am a petite person..We loved our location, which was midship and right off the centrum.. We did NOT have any plumbing issues!

The Shows: I really loved most of the shows. My favorites were the Fallon Magic show, the hypnotist show, the Juggler, and I enjoyed the RC dancers. However, and I am sure this is due to my age, I skipped out on the Pianist, and the Tango, and the Happy Days guy..not my thing..

Activities: Ok, here's the deal breaker for me! I was NOT impressed. The cruise director staff was new, and have a long ways to go (although I loved most of them, as far as personalities) Being a Carnival fan, I enjoy nonstop activities.. I want to look at the compass and say "wow, there are so many, which ones do i pick?"..That DID NOT happen on the Radiance. I participated in the "Finish the Lyric" game, Quest, and the Karaoke Superstar Contest..those were all a Blast! There was a men's hairy leg contest UGH(?) and a Belly Flop contest.. I did some of the trivia to fill in some chunks of time..but I really felt bored a lot of the time.. So, therefore i headed to the Casino, where I would "donate" some money..

I enjoy cruising, so I did enjoy myself.. I just feel like this is definitely NOT a cruise for people under 40.. I enjoyed the ports, and the ship was beautiful. The staff was great, and the Cruise Director was Really good! I am gonna go back to Carnival, because to me, the activities are what makes the cruise.. and while I am not a "partier", I really enjoy a "fun ship"...

Publication Date: 02/25/10