Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ksuave34: Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

ksuave34

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: August 2004
Embarkation: New Orleans

Conquest August 15 - August 22

Embarkment : We arrived at the terminal at about 12:30 and we were on the ship at 1:30.

Day 1 : We were very impressed with the ship and how big and beautiful it was . We looked at the dirty Mississippi River for hours and hours out on the balcony. The food was delicious, and the dining staff was great !!

Day 2 : We woke up to dark blue waters and the most beautiful sun rise I've ever seen in my entire life. We ordered room services and had breakfast on the balcony. We played some basketball/ volleyball and walked around the track for a while. Then we laid out on the deck and watched 100 people play around and this smallest pool I've ever seen in my life. Dinner in the Monet was very elegant and romantic. We were at table 550 and we sat alone thank god I didn't like the Ideal of sitting with strangers.

Day 3 : Jamaica The entire port was hell !!!!!!! This is the most dangerous place I have ever visited . First let More me tell you the driving was horrible and very dangerous. We went to Ochos Rios Dunns River Falls don't waste you time or your money . They tell you it's a six hour excursion but what they don't tell you is it's a two a hour drive to get there and two hours to get back . We only spent 45 min at the falls . The water fall was beautiful but very dangerous to walk up with 500 other people there walking up the falls at the same time . You have to rent these shoes that are so slippery . I saw so many people falling down . There was people there from Jamaica saying that they were video taping up going up there falls and was going to charge you 30.00 for a copy of the tape . I happened to notice that the camcorder didn't have a battery on the back . The whole thing was a scam . They were telling people to pay them in advance and they will bring the tape to them on the ship . There was a guide that we never saw on the way up harassing people for tips. The people there are very pushy and there was a lot weed smoking there. The tour bus let us go shopping at this horrible strip mall. This is hell . These people are so shady and can't be trusted . that's all I am gonna say. I was ready to get the hell away from this place

Day 4 : Grand Cayman Stingray Cityyyyyyyyyyyy This was a very nice port and really clean . We went to the turtle farm that we interesting . Then we went to Hell that was very boring . We then went to Stingray City that was very cool I really enjoyed every minute of this. The water was so beautiful and warm . The stingrays were so soft and friendly . This excursion didn't last long enough . We were only in stingray city for about an hour, but it was still worth it

Day 5 : Cozumel Passion Island was the best place I have ever been in my entire life . This is the excursion that everyone should do. This Island is so nice and beautiful . Everything was perfect. Cozumel is a must see this was by far my favorite port.

Day 6 I was bored to death and I was sick of looking at the same people on the cruise . Oh yea the people on the cruise looked about as shady as the people we left in Jamaica.

Day 7 Debarkment was cool no problem

Overall the cruise was nice. I was a little disappointed that there was wasn't enough entertainment on the ship . All of the shows were boring except Phat Kat , but his show didn't start until 10:45 . The pools was way too small everything else was cool. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>