Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by purpleally: The Navigator is not THAT bad!

purpleally
Member Since 2007

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Navigator Western Caribbean Cruises

The Navigator is not THAT bad!

Sail Date: January 2010

Yes, Regent has definitely gone down in the two years since we have sailed.

I don't know where the previous poster was at embarkation but I was in the second row of chairs and it was very orderly, they began a couple of minutes after noon, they called by row, we were on board before 1230 and in our rooms by 230. Well done.

The food was not as good (until I found a very accommodating head waiter and then we had two terrific meals in Compass Rose!)

The service was not as good (until I found a wonderful waiter in CR and sat in his section every night. Room service was great. Really, only La Veranda outside at breakfast was not too great.

There were wonderful bartenders and coffee guys. Elvis was wonderful!! I truly had the best chocolate martini (well, three) ever in the casino bar!

Vibration, yes, it was still there but we did have some rough weather.

Yes, it did seem as if some of the staff was not too happy, there were some More that were great. A surly female in destinations but Cynthia was great. Everyone in reception was nice but Connie, Executive Concierge really stood out!!!

Our butler was the same we had two years ago and he was as wonderful but it was also clear that his hands were tied on a couple of issues, which he did tell us about what had changed in the last two years.

Regent is not as wonderful as it was two years ago, or when it was Radisson, but, all inclusive including excursions, it is a very good luxury experience. It is even better if you are not comparing it to how it used to be.

It is still a luxury line and I would still recommend it to others, In fact, I booked a cruise for next Feb and I am bringing a group with me. By the way, no problem with meeting with the cruise consultant and he was very personable. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review >>

Cabin review: Seven Seas Navigator 10??

I think we were in 1019 and it was great, steps from the pool and the pool bar. Great butler. Mostly good side of the ship in ports. Huge walk-in closet, large bathroom with tub.