Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by readytofloataway

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by readytofloataway
Norwegian Spirit
Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: readytofloataway
Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: BB

Wonderful first cruise experience!
Embarkation out of New Orleans was quick and painless. We arrived about Noon and were on the ship and eating at Raffles by 1:00. Our rooms were ready at 2:00 and our bags were sitting at our door when we got there. The room was very nice, and always kept very clean by our room steward. Plenty of room to unpack all of our things, but wish I would have brought some hangers with me, as there weren't quite enough for all of our dressier clothes. The bed wasn't the best. It was two twin mattresses on a queen size frame, and as I am a middle of the bed snuggler, I tended to wake up numerous times in the crack, because the mattresses kept separating. The TV was quite small also, but the view of the ocean off of our balcony quite made up for it.

The food on the ship was quite good. We mostly ate at Raffles, but went to the Windows one night, and The Gardens one night and had quick and excellent service and great food. The Shrimp and Swordfish was amazing. Only complaint about the food... The dessert. Yuck. Everything I tried tasted odd. Like it had been rehydrated or something. The ice cream machine became my friend :) For breakfast, the cream cheese sticky buns were on my plate every day!

For entertainment we saw the Duo Acrobatique.. I enjoyed it, my boyfriend was bored :) We also saw the Second City show, it was ok. Just not our kind of comedy. We liked the silly shows in the Galaxy of the Stars better, they involved the crowds alot more. The weather on our 2 sea days were not the greatest so we didn't get much laying by the pool time, but the port visits were great.

I'll write my port reviews below, but I wanted to write about the stop in Guatemala since it is not included in the list of ports. We booked the NCL excursion to the Amatique Bay Resort, which included the day at the beach and lunch. IT WAS AMAZING. This was my favorite port of all. The shopping center at the port was so authentic and original. I got some great deals, for things that were not at the other ports, like a gorgeous jade necklace, with a silver Bird of Guatemala on the back of it. The resort was so gorgeous. I highly recommend if you are cruising with children to come here. They had a water slide, and pirate ship in the pool. All the accessories in the place were made to look like trees, including the swim up bar and the fresh water showers. The people were great, the pool was the best I've ever seen, the beach was ok too..

Publication Date: 02/21/10