Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Alison Whittlestone: Our Winter Warmer cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Our Winter Warmer cruise

Sail Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Having sailed with Carnival on the Glory twice previously, i was excited to book a vacation on the new 'Dream'. I thought I would love an even bigger ship. Whilst we both enjoyed getting away from the English winter into the Caribbean for its warmth, lovely beaches and glorious seas, we were both disappointed at a couple of aspects of the 'large' ship. The first one being the saving of seats in the theatre. We felt very uncomfortable, at seeing very elderly people climbing to the top of the theatre, to be told by people that the seats were reserved. We noticed this most nights, some people even saving a whole row of seats. This should not be allowed. It should be monitored. All party members should enter the theatre together and take their seats together. There was even a stand up fight one night and security had to be informed. Not a good sight, particularly whilst on vacation. Our second problem, we felt the food in the main dining rooms were not hot enough. Was this because the More kitchen was too far away - I lost my appetite, and we went to the Lido a couple of nights. The plus was the Chef's dining room, well worth the extra $30 - what a treat to have hot food, served exactly as it should be. Loved the serenity deck. Will we go on the Dream again - not sure, think we preferred the GLORY.

All in all, excellent inside cabin. We had an inside cabin on the 9th deck. We chose not to choose a cabin prior to sailing, but chose to go for a guaranteed inside. We found ourselves on the 9th deck. Next one up was the Lido deck. The cabin was, as per the Glory, spacious, the king size bed extremely comfortable, the bedding, wish I could have brought it home with me -it was lovely. The bathroom was as per all bathrooms I have been on on cruise ships, adequate. Spotlessly clean - thanks to our cabin steward. Plenty of space for clothes, excellent lighting, television placed so you could see it easily from the bed or dressing table. We did not find the hallway noisy. However, the early morning announcements could hardly be heard clearly when cabin door was closed. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Vista 9218

Very busy port. Lots of shops, but nothing we would wish to purchase. Felt the bar we visited put up their prices as there were about 4 ships in port.

Unfortunately due to high winds and the size of the Dream, the ships was unable to dock at this port, so we missed it this time. We were disappointed, as we have visited this port previously and really enjoyed it.

As usual loved this port. Take a trip to Chankanab Lagoon, its cheap in a taxi. Nice beach, good for snorkeling, beach bar, but waiters will wander along the beach to take orders - a great service.

Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Isla Roatan - a new port, we think the cruise companies have funded this new development. Did not expect much, but the area was very nice, nice little shops, all new, a beach area, kayaks for hire, good for swimming. Chair lift to the beach, as per ski resorts for those that did not want to walk - although not far, but its an experience. Stayed within the port area, so cannot comment outside.

Read 1649 Roatan Reviews