Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by eng4: Our 20th Anniversary cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean Cruises

Our 20th Anniversary cruise

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I went on the Miracle to celebrate our 20th anniversary. This was our first cruise but with lots of research on the msg boards I knew what we were getting out selves into!

We had a balcony cabin (5217) I wanted to be in the center of the boat in all directions because I was afraid of getting seasick (I get car sick easy) My advice is take the ships free motion sickness medicine from the infirmary. It works great and doesnt make you tired like the over the counter stuff. I was scared to do the patch because I had read about to many bad reactions to it. The boat was moving everyday, allday and I did not get sick. We had some windy days so the boat was moving allot, I guess January is known for rougher seas. I got used to the "drunk walk" after a cpl days. Everyone else was stumbling a little so it was no big deal.

Our room was fantastic! We had tons of space, I didnt even use the over the door shoe organizer that I brought because we had shelves, drawers More and cabinets everywhere. We put all four empty suitcases under the bed. We shoved the door stop into the balcony door to keep it open at night, it was awesome listening to the waves all night long! Our room steward Erman was wonderful, he took great care of us. Our room was spotless at all times and we were very surprised how roomy it was. I expected really cramped quarters. I'm glad I took the power strip, one plug would of been a nightmare with cameras, cell phones, computer, curling iron and so on.

The food was very good everywhere. I was surprised at how good the buffet food was. Lots of fresh options, not your typical buffet food. We ate dinner in the dining room everynight, our waiter Imade and asst Nadia were awesome!! The food was great, and if we didnt like something they got us something differant right away. Loved the extra attention in the dining room and getting to know the staff, highly recommend it. The ship its self was VERY CLEAN!! Every public bathroom was spotless and the kitchen tour showed just how clean the galley is, unbelievable! I was really impressed at how well they maintain the ship.

The crew was very friendly, no matter what area you were in. They go out of their way to say hi and were always willing to answer any questions. The islands were wonderful, we loved the sea trek excursion in St Maareten and the train ride in St kitts. I didnt like the market area in St Lucia but the port shopping area was very nice. We cant wait to take our next cruise, we loved every minute of it. Even the hole in the ship didnt bother us!!

Getting off the ship at 10am and making it to our 11:10am flight was pretty stressful but I learned to never again book a flight that early again. Bravo Carnival, cant wait to go on another cruise!! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Upper 5217

Cabin 5217. PERFECT! Great location, middle of the ship close to elevators, quiet area. Loved it!

St Kitts... we loved the train ride, very informaive. The port shopping area was very nice also.

St Lucia, very pretty! I didnt like the market area, the woman were very pushy selling their stuff and I just felt uncomfortable. The port shopping area was much nicer, we enjoyed that allot.

Very nice port, it was nice having a beach right at the port and the shopping was great. Very clean and nice. Sea Trek excursion was awesome! The sea trek crew were VERY friendly, we had a blast and felt safe at all times. Highly recommend it.