MSC Poesia Cruise Review by californiacruisingnana

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Poesia Cruise Review by californiacruisingnana
MSC Poesia
MSC Poesia
Member Name: californiacruisingnana
Cruise Date: February 2010
Cabin Category: out
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
        16+ 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
MSC Poesia - The Best of Both Worlds!!
Family and I (three teenagers + my husband and I) cruised on MSC Poesia on Feb. 6 to the Western Caribbean. I'd read some of the reviews beforehand and so, was wondering a little what it would be like. It was great!! The ship was beautiful and very clean. My family and I loved the food also. We ate in the dining room every night, and the food and the service was great. Our waiter, Chris, was fantastic! I've been on other cruises before, but they couldn't touch the quality of the food here! My son is a very picky and not at all adventurous eater, but he was always able to find something that he liked in the dining room every night (and that's saying a lot for him!) WE also ate in the buffet and had room service. Both were very good (not as good as the dining room.) We had some problems finding a table for 5 in the buffet, but no problem with the food. I wish they had a program that let you pay ahead by the day for bottled waters, sodas, etc. That was my only complaint about the food.

The public areas were beautiful. We could always find recliners on deck to relax in and the pools and spas were not crowded. My teenagers loved the disco and the dancing every night. They did more of that than my husband and I. They loved being able to meet people from all over the world. That was one of the things we all loved about the Poesia - it was so international. I didn't mind the announcements in several languages; they were short and it was just what I would appreciate if I were cruising in a foreign country. The staff was great. I could hardly believe they did such a great job of communicating in so many languages so well. It was a tour de force!

The entertainment was great. My husband and I saw the show every night, it was that good! It was much better than the lame comedians I'd seen on other cruises. We loved the singers, particularly the female - she was unbelievable!!

The ports were good and we had a good time in all of them. We docked in Cozumel instead of tendering in Playa del Carmen, but that was because of rough seas - the cruise line couldn't do anything about that. Embarkation in Fort Lauderdale was quick and smooth.

There were some problems with disembarkation, but that was caused by the weather (winds messed up the gangway and they couldn't get it fixed, so people had to disembark directly onto the dock.) Weather also caused problems with our flight back home at the airport, and i wish the airlines would have been so considerate and helpful. We had some rough seas coming back to Fort Lauderdale from the Bahamas, but the ship handled it really well.

Overall, we really enjoyed our trip and being on the Poesia made it even more special. I heard some people complaining, but they were the kind who think Mickey D's is haute cuisine and don't want to hear any language but English. If you're that kind, stay away from the Poesia. But if you love truly good food, great service and entertainment, and a cosmopolitan, international atmosphere, you will love MSC and the Poesia!!

Publication Date: 02/17/10