Azamara Quest Cruise Review by spiritoftravel

Cruise Date: January 2010
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: 4
See More About: Azamara Quest Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Azamara Quest Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azamara Quest Deck Plans
Deluxe??? And vegetarians beware!!!
Have just returned from asia with Quest. When we booked it was then advertised as 'Deluxe' cruising, how or why they think this is deluxe I do not know. I think from comments from others who had sailed with Azamara before the standard had 'slipped' and we were paying the price of their changes to 'club cruises'.

The itinerary was good, the embarkation and disembarkation was the best we have ever had, the coffee machines that made latte, espresso, etc were great.....and the rest, well not 4 or 5* cruising. As a vegetarian I have to say the food was boring, repetitive and the choice, non existent. Beware if you are vegetarian as even the veggie sounding soups have meat stock in them, during the whole cruise, apart from the chilled soups on the menu and 1other hot soup non of the them were suitable, including the tomato, green lentil, mushroom, vegetable, need I go on?!!! I was told if I ordered a meal 1 or two days in advance they could make a bowl of soup, or special meal, had one or two nice curries this way, the lunchtime menu in the Discovery Dining room has no veggie choice at all, twice I was offered mash potato and steamed broccoli as a main course...come on Azamara Cunard have over 20 dishes to choose from. Even the meat eater menu especially at lunchtimes was not very exciting. Our waiters Edward and Chris were brilliant, but the night we were on a different table the service was awful and took 3 hours, I ended up with cheese and biscuits as a main meal.

The staff were OK but not that friendly, the entertainment apart from Mary Amanda the harpist and Jeff the comedian were average to awful. Only once after a trip were we greeted with cold towels and a drink, all the other times they were packing up. We left Singapore early, and Thailand, without notice, although some people knew, we were told our agents should have told us...interesting as we booked direct!! I could go on but needless to say would not go again with Azamara all our party agreed, Celebrity are far better, Cruise West miles better and Cunard way above what Azamara are offering. The ship seemed 'old and crowded' especially in the lounges and dining room.

Publication Date: 02/17/10
Read the Asia ports review by spiritoftravel
More Azamara Quest Cruise Reviews