Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by happydaysmanchester

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by happydaysmanchester
Freedom of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Member Name: happydaysmanchester
Cruise Date: February 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: e1

First cruise....legs are still on the boat!!
Hi all,

We've just got back from our first cruise and I thought Id write my review whilst trying to get my legs used to being back on solid ground - its not a good feeling by the way!!

We booked via a travel agent but we really didnt need to...everything went very smoothly though, Virgin flights direct from Manchester, on time, RCCL rep at Orlando to organise transport to hotel. Hotel okay, easy transfer next morning to pier....WOW...seeing Freedom appear over the bridge at Port Canaveral was breathtaking, Disney & Carnival were also there and Freedom dwarfed them both.

It took about 45 mins to get on the boat which only built the anticipation! Once on board we went straight to Sorrentos - its was really quiet - then found our room, an E1 on deck 6, plenty big enough for the 2 of us. It was my hubbies birthday so Id had the room decorated..I was impressed!

We then did a tour of the ship, played golf & found the Windjammer...that was heaving..pleaseavoid this place on embarkation day!

I thought we'd mainly eat in the Windjammer but I had mixed food in there - breakfast okay, lunch poor..had a stone cold hot dog and for tea anything goes. Jade was nice though..after day 1 experience we ate in the main restaurant every night. I really enjoyed the food and the waiters were brilliant, in fact all the staff were beyond my expectations.

Just a note on formal night - jeans ARE allowed, we asked the dining room manager..although everyone I saw dressed according to the night. We did mytime dining and it suited us perfectly.

Ports visited - Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. I didnt care for Ocho Rios and we had to miss Grand Cayman due to high winds, this was the place I really wanted to go so I was dissapointed but hey!

The weather was really hot, except our last day which was 50mph winds and clouds, oh, thanks to all those that recommended sea sick tablets, I took them everynight, dont think I would have got through the cruise without them!

Overall it was an amazing experience, the ship was amazing, staff couldnt do enough for you, the weather was great..I wouldnt hesitate in recommending going on Freedom, Im just not sure if I would rush to get back on a boat of any description again in the near future!!!!

Publication Date: 02/17/10