Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by willyb

Cruise Date: February 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IA

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Great experience, much better than expected
After reading so many bad reviews about the cruise line, I was afraid of cruising on NCL sky. However, we chose it and we had an amazing experience. I don't see why people complain so much about free style, it is the best. Yes, it was my first cruise, but my girlfriend has cruised on other lines before, and she loved NCL.

We were celebrating our anniversary, which is the reason why I chose NCL. I did not want to eat with other people, at a given time, and at a given restaurant, so I chose free style. I'm happy I did. I loved that fact that we ate whenever we wanted, and at any restaurant. We never when to any of the specialty restaurants and the food was still very good. Also, some people complain about the $12 per day gratuity charge, and I wasn't happy with it either, but it is not a big deal. At the end it saved me some money because I did not have to leave any tips at the restaurants, which would have been more than $12 per day.

In addition, I liked that the NCL sky doesn't have a water slide in the pool area. After reading reviews, I think this was the reason why I did not see to many children on the ship. The age group was really good, and did not see too many elderly. However, I was surprise to see so many Latinos. I did not have a problem with this because I am Latino myself, but I can say that everywhere I went, everywhere, I heard people speaking Spanish. I don't know if this is something that you see on all cruises out of Miami due to the population.

Overall, we had a great experience and want to go cruise again soon, and it will definitely on NCL.
Publication Date: 02/17/10