Carnival Victory Cruise Review by njladycruiseson

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by njladycruiseson
Carnival Victory
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Cruise Wouldn't Change a Thing Except Dining
We did this cruise in 2009 and had so much fun we booked it again in 2010 a leaving a week later on Jan. 31 and the weather was even better than last year. I love each island. Each Island is different and the people are different. The people at Carnival are always courteous and smiling.

The one thing that I did not enjoy this year was the dinning. We usually eat in the dining room and last year it was wonderful but this year we were in the Pacific and the food or waiter was not that good. I ordered Salmon and it came out too done both tines - hard as a rock. I told the waiter the first time and he said there was nothing he could do about it to order something else. Well I wanted salmon - but I did what he said. I tried to get a nicely cooked salmon again and it came out again as hard as a rock too done so i just gave up and ordered something else. On the last night another guest ordered same and we begged him to bring it out not too done and we finally got a nicely cooked piece of salmon. The fillet mignon tasted and had the texture of chuck roast. Another thing is that when I asked the waiter questions about the food he told me stories. On a couple of nights my dinner did not have all the parts to it and I asked him about the rest of my dinner and he said it came with nothing else - which is not what the menu stated. I asked for salad dressing on the side and didn't get bacon or blue cheese and he said it was because I asked for the salad dressing on the side. Anyway you can not get good waiters all of the time but I think next cruise on victory I will ask for the Atlantic dinning room. This is where we sat our first Victory and loved it. Another thing about dinner in the dining room is that Carnval now has freestyle seating and 2 couples did not show up the whole cruise and there was only one other couple at our table. It wasn't as much fun - we are thinking of doing free style next time because of this. Our steward (Marcus) was wonderful and kept the place very neat and clean and made darling little animals.

Publication Date: 02/17/10