“Great Cruise Wouldn't Change a Thing Except Dining”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

njladycruiseson Carnival Victory 5 Great Cruise Wouldn't Change a Thing Except Dining
njladycruiseson
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We did this cruise in 2009 and had so much fun we booked it again in 2010 a leaving a week later on Jan. 31 and the weather was even better than last year. I love each island. Each Island is different and the people are different. The people at Carnival are always courteous and smiling.

The one thing that I did not enjoy this year was the dinning. We usually eat in the dining room and last year it was wonderful but this year we were in the Pacific and the food or waiter was not that good. I ordered Salmon and it came out too done both tines - hard as a rock. I told the waiter the first time and he said there was nothing he could do about it to order something else. Well I wanted salmon - but I did what he said. I tried to get a nicely cooked salmon again and it came out again as hard as a rock too done so i just gave up and ordered something else. On the last night another guest ordered same and we begged him to bring it out not too done and we finally got a nicely cooked piece of salmon. The fillet mignon tasted and had the texture of chuck roast. Another thing is that when I asked the waiter questions about the food he told me stories. On a couple of nights my dinner did not have all the parts to it and I asked him about the rest of my dinner and he said it came with nothing else - which is not what the menu stated. I asked for salad dressing on the side and didn't get bacon or blue cheese and he said it was because I asked for the salad dressing on the side. Anyway you can not get good waiters all of the time but I think next cruise on victory I will ask for the Atlantic dinning room. This is where we sat our first Victory and loved it. Another thing about dinner in the dining room is that Carnval now has freestyle seating and 2 couples did not show up the whole cruise and there was only one other couple at our table. It wasn't as much fun - we are thinking of doing free style next time because of this. Our steward (Marcus) was wonderful and kept the place very neat and clean and made darling little animals.

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B6268
6268 was nice - it was by the elevators toward the front. It was not that quite although I slept good (I think the seasickness pill I take every night helps) my DH thought it was a little noisy at night. Loved the room loved Marcus the steward.

Port
We booked through the ship on the swimming with turtles catamaran with lunch. The catamaran was very nice. There were a few turtles although would have liked to spend more time with the turtles. Again there were at least 3 other ships docked and it was crowded. Perfect weather.

Read 998 Barbados Reviews
Port
We made prior arrangements with Antours to do river tubing and visited Mr. Nice and the Emerald Pool. There were so many ships in that Emerald Pool was very crowded. The tubing was great and they guys that went down the river with us were fantastic. We all felt very safe. I loved Mr. Nice - very entertaining and the fruit was the best fruit ever tasted. Perfect weather.

Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
Scheduled the St. Kitts Train Ride with Carnival. It was lovely. I had heard both good and bad things about the train ride but I was pleasantly pleased. My DH loves trains so this year I booked it. The scenery is beautiful - beautiful shots up high of the ocean below. Beautiful shots of the mountains. They served at least 2 rounds of drinks and included a snack. They have 3 singers on board that sing and it is all very lovely. The train goes over 3 bridges mostly straight so it was hard to get a picture of the train going over the bridge. I know that is important for train lovers. But one bridge is a fast shot of the train on the bridge. The train is diesel I think but has a small smoke pipe. Yes some of the property along the tracks are run down but I like to refer to it as well-used. Most of the property has lots of flowers and fruit trees in the yards - lots of cows, goats, chickens, mules, etc. We had a great time. Perfect weather.

Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
Port
We had booked with Frank's Taxi to take us to Souferes to take a water taxi to Jalousie Beach. My DH was ill the night before and he was in the hospital in Sept. so we thought it better to cancel the trip with Frank. Just did a little shopping in the shops at the pier. Weather perfect.

St. Maarten was lovely. It is quaint. Heard it was all redone after a hurricane a few years ago - well they did a nice job. The ferry only goes to the Dutch side - not to the French - a taxi will take you to the French side for about $20 per couple to go and then pay to come back. Victory was the only ship in port so that was nice. Also what was very nice is that they have made a beach right at the town. We shopped then walked along the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas. Restroom facilities - used KFC or Burger King. Many nice restaurants along the beach front. Perfect weather.

Read 3,323 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
We caught a taxi at the port and took it to the ferry to St. John. Although there is a ferry from downtown it is best to go to the Red Hook Ferry - they run every hour. St. John's is lovely. We went to Trunk Bay Beach and the snorkeling was excellent. Perfect weather.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 02/17/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?