Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisequeen007

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisequeen007
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: cruisequeen007
Cruise Date: January 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: 7
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

RCCL after 6 cruises with them, a total of 17 cruises overal
My biggest gripe before I start was that we parked our car in Terminal C and the ship docked in Terminal G on the return. It was not withing walking distance and the cruise terminal personnel were absoluting no help. Getting the answer on when the Shuttle would be here to take us to our terminal, as I DON't KNOW. They didn't care and did nothing to help us.

Embarkation : A breeze, we are Platinum and were on board quickly. Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle: They served appetizers and lemonade. They had a raffle which we won a prize.

FOOD: I thougt the menus were limited, the quantities small, and the service slow. Most of the time we spent almost 2 hours on dinner, the only thing that saved us was our great tablemates. (We were at a table for 10, but had 8 of us for the trip) I noticed that chicken dishes were none existence, except for the daily chicken breast, same with fish, the only fish I saw was the daily salmon. Port was served over and over again. The best dinner I had was the steak with crabmeat and bearnaise sauce.. On lobster night, the waiters seemed to disappear when it came time for seconds. The dining room at lunch was limited to the same menu for the entire cruise. We ended up going to the Windjammer where we had more choices. Windjammer: Trays are gone. Dishes are small and curved like bowls so you can take only small quantities. It was quicker to get your beverage then to wait for a server to come to you. There is also limited hours as to when you can get food. Check your daily paper everyday or you could go hungry.

ENTERTAINMENT: From a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best,I would give them a 1. Nothing memorable, and even one night all they had was a movie, can't even recall the name. Drinks: Very expensive

Captains Party: Poor Champagne, and then the waiters disappeared. Hardly worth going too. Disembarkation: Was a breeze for the Carry Off, until we found out that we docked at a different terminal and needed to wait for a shuttle. It added an extra hour to our day.

Trivia Contests: Had a ball with all of them, prizes were hokey, but the people I grouped with were awesome. Made the trip a lot of fun.

Publication Date: 02/16/10