Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by beffiegirl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by beffiegirl
Independence of the Seas
Independence of the Seas
Member Name: beffiegirl
Cruise Date: January 2010
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Independence of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        3-6 5+
        7-9 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fun cruise for family of five
We started off this journey by driving, which wasn't that bad. We stayed a night in Jacksonville,fl. Then drove five hours to Fort Lauderdale. It was a little chilly , but happy to be in Florida instead of NJ. I should say that I've cruised before on Rccl, and I never had a bad cruise. This was our first cruise traveling with a baby. With that said... this cruise was outstanding.

We got onboard in twenty minutes. We went to our room, oceanview, to drop off stuff. Then went off to eat. Now I've been on the freedom of the seas so I knew what to expect. The ship was clean. The service was great. The new menu in the MDR was ok. My husband liked it. The pool was a little cold, but my kids didn't mind. My husband I took turns in the hot tub. My son,9y, loved the kids club. He stayed there morning , noon, and night. My daughter,5y, went sometimes. We had a baby(8 mos.) so we didn't really do to much late night partying.

The shows were good. I liked the ice show. They had some game shows that were funny. We went to Johnny rockets for lunch once but it wasn't the same as before. Not really worth the money(4.95). The weather was nice at the ports. All in all it was a great trip. Now.. for people traveling in a family of 5. Do not book one room. They allow 4 people with an infant in one room but it was not big enough!!! I kept tripping over the crib and the stroller. Next time I am booking two connecting rooms or a suite. Trust me their was no space. That was the only thing I wish I would of changed. My husband had to rearrange the furniture to to fit the crib. Hope this helps.

Publication Date: 02/16/10