“Fun cruise for family of five”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas

beffiegirl Independence of the Seas 5 Fun cruise for family of five
beffiegirl
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We started off this journey by driving, which wasn't that bad. We stayed a night in Jacksonville,fl. Then drove five hours to Fort Lauderdale. It was a little chilly , but happy to be in Florida instead of NJ. I should say that I've cruised before on Rccl, and I never had a bad cruise. This was our first cruise traveling with a baby. With that said... this cruise was outstanding.

We got onboard in twenty minutes. We went to our room, oceanview, to drop off stuff. Then went off to eat. Now I've been on the freedom of the seas so I knew what to expect. The ship was clean. The service was great. The new menu in the MDR was ok. My husband liked it. The pool was a little cold, but my kids didn't mind. My husband I took turns in the hot tub. My son,9y, loved the kids club. He stayed there morning , noon, and night. My daughter,5y, went sometimes. We had a baby(8 mos.) so we didn't really do to much late night partying.

The shows were good. I liked the ice show. They had some game shows that were funny. We went to Johnny rockets for lunch once but it wasn't the same as before. Not really worth the money(4.95). The weather was nice at the ports. All in all it was a great trip. Now.. for people traveling in a family of 5. Do not book one room. They allow 4 people with an infant in one room but it was not big enough!!! I kept tripping over the crib and the stroller. Next time I am booking two connecting rooms or a suite. Trust me their was no space. That was the only thing I wish I would of changed. My husband had to rearrange the furniture to to fit the crib. Hope this helps.

Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Stateroom

I2264
Cabin was ok. Again to small for family of four with infant. I didn't like deck two either. It was loud when docking. And you always had to go up two decks to cross over because you can't walk through deck 2 and 3. That was a pain.

Well didn't do much but shopped for an hour. I wanted to do the cave tubing but couldn't because of my baby. The port area was not really nice. If your not doing an excurison, it's a waste.

Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
I liked it here. The shopping area was clean and very mall like. The shopping area has a pool with bar. It was nice. We took a taxi to the beach area. That was nice, though the ocean water was kinda cold. We found a spot we liked and paid for some chairs, but if you buy food and drinks they give the chairs for free. It was pretty to just sit there and look out at the ocean.

Read 1,411 Costa Maya Reviews
Port
I've been there before, so this time I just went shopping for a little bit. Next time we go my daughter wants to swim with the dolphins, she was not old enough this time. The shopping is nice if you take a taxi to the main strip. The shopping at the port is ok. Did a tour years ago that was ok too.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Published 02/16/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Independence of the Seas Review
Independence of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?