Celebrity Century Cruise Review by occasionalcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by occasionalcruiser
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: occasionalcruiser
Cruise Date: February 2010
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

More than expected
This was my husband and my second cruise, first with Carnival. We had to leave from Miami and had a very specific time period so this was the only cruise that fit. We were accompanied with my father, a first time cruiser so I was concerned about some of the reviews. While we loved our Carnival experience, this was far superior and in the future we will stick with Celebrity.

The ship size was wonderful, you never felt crowded to had to stand on line. The demographic was older which suited us, and less diverse. (which did not suit us as much).

The service and the entertainment were amazing. We only went to two shows on Carnival and then didn't bother. We went to everything but the last late night show and they were all wonderful. Some were Las Vegas quality.

I was a big fan of Franklin the acoustic guitar singer and only wished he varied his songs more but he did take requests in certain venues.

Everything went like clockwork. We particularly appreciated the lack of constant announcements in our cabin. It certainly is not as much of a party atmosphere but that suited us. The service in the main dining room was amazing, our servers made the trip. The food was very good, there was only one entree I did not enjoy and our server brought me out something else without my asking.

I did go to classes in the gym and if I had one criticism, I would say I found the gym staff less than engaging. I took advantage of a spa treatment and it was great, the heated chairs in the Persian Gardens were amazing I wanted to take one home.

I was concerned about whether my father would enjoy the cruise and he loved it. We all loved it.

I guess if you are looking for small things to criticize you could find them but overall, I give this cruise and its staff my sincere thanks for a wonderful time.

Publication Date: 02/16/10